10-29-2010 10:16 AM
131 ... 3456
tools
    I'm trying to get people try this to see if others are able to duplicate (validate) my results because I believe that I found a fix. I don't usually use my secondary account on my phone but when I tried to today and noticed that it wasn't sync'ing properly I decided to look into it and the VERY first thing that I noticed (as soon as I tried the temporary work-around that everyone is recommending) was that it did an update for the applications on my phone as well (as if the update had been stuck/waiting). In extreme summary:

First - What I DID NOT DO: REBOOT or CLEAR EMAIL CACHE!

While I would not bet my life on it I WILL SAY that unassociating my AppBrain account with my primary Google account (and instead associating it with a secondary account) make it start to sync both primary and secondary email... Maybe it's a fluke... I don't know... But it seems like a LOT more than a coincidence!!!

I removed AppBrain from the phone, created a new account on AppBrain.com using my secondary account, reinstalled AppBrain and logged in using my secondary account credentials. Worked first try. Not kidding. Try it.
    People who don't have AppBrain are still having the problem....

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-09-2010 03:51 PM
    Well it was working...until Friday. I didn't notice until today that my email stopped being pushed again. Ugh!
    08-09-2010 07:07 PM
    So you're saying that you aren't using AppBrain or Android Market? Because of the 50,000 things I tried over the last few days NOTHING (and I do mean NOTHING) worked TWICE until I removed AppBrain and reassociated it with a secondary account. I've even REINSTALLED IT using the primary account AGAIN to duplicate the results and AGAIN it killed my ability to sync multiple gmail accounts... It's only when I associate it with a secondary account that it works. It may not be AppBrain but it DEFINITELY has something to do with Android Market...

It's worth nothing that while AppBrain was uninstalled I (obviously) used Market to install AppBrain again and I had to agree to the terms of Market once again... That COULD be it... Each time you move from AppBrain to Market you have to agree to the terms of Market again (it won't even allow me to use applications on the phone once I uninstall AppBrain if I don't agree to the terms of Market first)...

AppBrain or Market. Bettin' the farm .
    08-09-2010 11:17 PM
    I am using the Gmail app and its not syncing with google on the computer or on my mac mail every time i delete from one its still on the other and vice versa anyway to fix that?
    08-10-2010 12:01 AM
    Hey all ...

I have been following this for a few days and tried everything in this thread. For me, the solution that seems to have "stuck" turned out to be pretty simple.

First up, when I first set up my EVO 4G I could only sync ONE calendar with my phone ... the one on my primary setup account. After the 2.2 update, when I went into the SYNC settings, I noticed that ALL accounts now had the calendar sync turned on. So the first thing I did was UNCHECK all sync options (took all accounts offline).

I then went in and rechecked JUST THE EMAIL for every email account and checked the one calendar account that I used.

After that, I went into each email account and SENT and email (or responded to one) directly from my phone. When the phone sent the email, it also sync'd the account completely. From that point forward, for the last three days, the accounts have all stayed in perfect sync (including only pushing when new mail arrived).

I know that sounds awfully simplistic, but it worked for me.

Give it a shot and let me know how it works for everyone.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

CharlesJR
    08-10-2010 09:52 AM
    Well I've tried all of the above solutions, I ended up going from the .3 to the .6 update and I'm still having the same problem. The emails push to the phone and then immediately delete themselves from any secondary gmail accounts (app accounts). I'm not using the gmail application, but the plain mail application.

The fact that Google has chosen to fix the media applications before basic functionality is a travesty. I was loving things, but now I'm regretting moving from my Blackberry as at least RIM understands the true purpose of their device to the end user! And to the smart asses who will say well you can check it from your browser; that's not good enough!

S-P
    08-10-2010 11:00 AM
    Maybe HTC wants us to use this new "Sync All" widget exclusively lol

I am also experiencing no push email on my secondary gmail account. If I hit refresh, the email shows up but definitely not getting the push notification since I've updated to Froyo
    08-10-2010 11:43 AM
    While I would not bet my life on it I WILL SAY that unassociating my AppBrain account with my primary Google account (and instead associating it with a secondary account) make it start to sync both primary and secondary email... Maybe it's a fluke... I don't know... But it seems like a LOT more than a coincidence!!!
    My AppBrain account is (and always has been) tied to my secondary account, the one that's not syncing for me.
    08-10-2010 12:27 PM
    Read thorough all the posts, I am having the same problem with my EVO and my second and 3rd gmail accounts. Tried all the fixes nothing works. Hope Google does something soon.
    08-10-2010 04:15 PM
    I had the same problem with my second account (google apps).

Yes, "had".

I disabled syncing Contacts, Calendar and mail for both accounts, then went to the second account (non-primary) and enabled them all. Forced a sync, then went to my primary account, enabled all three check boxes, and forced a sync. The for good measure I went back to the secondary account and forced another sync.

After that, I was able to receive email notifications on both accounts quickly.

I tried disabling calendar and contacts sync on the secondary account, but then push stopped working, and I had to go through the steps again to make them work right again.

In conclusion, I'd say that with 2.2 we (or at least I do) need to have everything syncing in order for push to work.

Oh well. At least it works now.

Dan.
    08-10-2010 09:25 PM
    Google said they're working with HTC to get a patch out and expedited through the carrier's process so hopefully we'll have a fix soon-ish.

Gmail PUSH second google account broken since froyo - Google Mobile Help
    08-11-2010 08:57 AM
    Ok so my solution worked for me.

First a little background. My main/primary account is a google apps account through my university ending with .edu. That was the email that I used to activate my Evo. I sync gmail, calendar, and contacts with this account.

My secondary account stopped pushing after Froyo. I used to have contacts and calendar syncing with this phone but it was unnecessary and before on 2.1 it didn't affect anything. This secondary account is a gmail account ending with gmail.com

The solution that worked for me was to uncheck contacts and calendar on my secondary account. Hit sync now, and from that moment forward I recovered the push email on my secondary account.
    08-12-2010 10:06 AM
    According to many folks within that thread, most solutions are temporary unless you can ditch Facebook as it appears related to many of the issues.
    08-12-2010 11:29 AM
    I uninstalled Facebook for Android, then reinstalled it and turned off Sync for Facebook after reinstall (left it on for Facebook for HTC Sense) and everything is fine now.
    08-12-2010 11:44 AM
    I uninstalled Facebook for Android, then reinstalled it and turned off Sync for Facebook after reinstall (left it on for Facebook for HTC Sense) and everything is fine now.
    When I try to do this, it only offers me the choice to Uninstall Updates, not remove it entirely.

My situation is getting worse: now not only do I not get secondary account pushes, when I manually go in and get my mail and delete items, when I look at the account on a computer, all the mails I deleted are still there. Sheesh. FIX THIS, GOOGLE!!!!
    08-14-2010 01:52 PM
    My problem with the Gmail app is that it was keeping my phone in awake mode 24/7 and was draining my battery bad.
    08-14-2010 03:16 PM
    Facebook doesn't have much to do with this problem because I don't even use facebook and still have this problem. I'm mad because I need my multiple gmail accounts. If They don't release the Patch by the time the Epic 4G comes out, time to kick the Evo to the side and go Epic instead.
    08-15-2010 11:04 PM
    wrich73's solution took care of my problem, after I had tried multiple, multiple other fixes. I tried the Facebook solution on Friday and I am still getting email pushes on FOUR different Gmail accounts 3 days later!

As DirkBelig posted, you cannot uninstall Facebook for HTC Sense, you can only roll it back to the factory version. I rolled Facebook back to factory (I was running v1.3.2). At that point, I went to Sync settings and unticked sync for all four of my Gmail accounts and for Facebook. I then sent a message to each of the accounts. I manually synced each account and got the message I had sent. I then turned sync back on for all 4 Gmail accounts AND Facebook. I sent new messages to each account and they all pushed down to my phone. I then updated Facebook back to v1.3.2, started the app, and logged in to Facebook through the app. I sent messages again to all four e-mail accounts and they pushed through. As I said, they are still pushing three days later!
    08-16-2010 02:27 PM
    Add me to the WTF list. Really annoying.
    Me too.

EVO non-rooted. Just started happening, immediately after the Froyo OTA update. Frustrating . Was working like a charm b/f.
    08-17-2010 11:34 PM
    Didn't work for mean, cainjones. Second account still refuse to sync. Suckage.
    08-17-2010 11:45 PM
    There is no real fix until Google's patch is pushed out. Some folks have luck but it's never permanent.
    08-18-2010 03:48 PM
    my two Gmail accounts are pushing just fine.
    08-18-2010 04:02 PM
    My second account started intermittently getting email late this afternoon, but if I delete a note on the phone, it remains on the web interface, so it's not really working.
    08-19-2010 12:30 AM
    My second account started intermittently getting email late this afternoon, but if I delete a note on the phone, it remains on the web interface, so it's not really working.
    Same with mine. This is ridiculous! Has google acknowledged the issue?

Considering how long it takes for Google to release a fix, then for htc to test it and sprint to approve and release it we could be stuck with this problem for a very long time.

That was one good thing about the palm pre updates were often and quick.
    09-11-2010 11:07 AM
    when will the new official "floating reply" Gmail app be pushed out?
    09-11-2010 11:57 AM
131 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD