Gmail Sync Issues After Froyo Update

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Gekko - the problem with your possible solution is that you thought one of your accounts was having the issue then you thought your steps fixed it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Gekko - the problem with your possible solution is that you thought one of your accounts was having the issue then you thought your steps fixed it.

no way to ever be 100% sure about anything. let's just say i was 99% sure. it did not appear to be working before my fixes but now does.

rather than break my balls over my suggested solution - why not just try it and see if it fixes your problem?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Gekko, I don't think it's working, are you SURE it's working on yours? I have just done two VERY scientific tests..... ok, not really.....I have gmail loaded and watching on the web and on my phone. It showed up on the web, but not on the phone. Waited 5 minutes and pressed refresh and it showed up. :(:(:(

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Gekko, I don't think it's working, are you SURE it's working on yours? I have just done two VERY scientific tests..... ok, not really.....I have gmail loaded and watching on the web and on my phone. It showed up on the web, but not on the phone. Waited 5 minutes and pressed refresh and it showed up. :(:(:(

yes EVO Girl mine is pushing. one thing i do notice is that the notification isnt always there in the pane nor does it beep but when i go to the account the mail is there and has been pushed. i'd say this happens 1/10 of the time. note that i am not pressing the "Refresh" button to see it - it's already there and pushed. so it's pushing but not always notifying.

IMO i would re-do the steps. good luck.

pgrtag

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Nope not working for me either. I didn't the recommended sequence and only the primary email account is getting pushed.

x081967

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
this may not be ideal, but one thing I do when I have gmail pushing issues is that I have my gmail forward the email to my phone's text messaging. At least that way I know when I have an email.

the email address of your sprint text messaging is your phone number @pm.sprint.com (so for example: 1234567891@pm.sprint.com

aurialus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. I'm having this issue as well. Bad part is, I have my primary account as my personal gmail, but the one I really need (work - also through gmail) isn't getting pushed. Deleted and re-added the secondary (work) account to no avail.

DaveInFL#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Trouble trouble....

Same problem here between work and personal emails. I can do without junkmail but the work issue has been a problem all day. I can't believe the few people posting on this thread are the only ones having this issue.

Kasracer

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. All 4 of my accounts (1 Gmail, 3 Google Apps) will not sync by themselves. I have to go into the email applications and manually sync them.

This is pretty bad. I need email for my work!

aurialus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. I'm having this issue as well. Bad part is, I have my primary account as my personal gmail, but the one I really need (work - also through gmail) isn't getting pushed. Deleted and re-added the secondary (work) account to no avail.

UPDATE: my work email automagically started updating all by itself about 30 minutes ago. I haven't changed anything. Others?

Epsom_D2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue my primary account that is handled through the Gmail application pushes flawlessly. The other two gmail/google apps accounts I have that I am using the HTC mail application for will show the mail arriving then as soon as I go to the inbox I see the subjects and then they disappear. If I do move fast enough to try and open one of them and try to reply it says the email doesn't exist anymore.

I have deleted both accounts and gone through all of the other steps here to no avail.

Strange...

S-P

majorbob

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Help = newbe = I find this all very interesting. My wife and i have EVOs - we love them so far. But we have an issue where her Cableone.net account was moved to some form of g-mail account which still shows up as cableone but the mail server is gmail. Based on what i have read here gmail may be pushing the emails to the phone when it checks for mail even though we told it to not delete from the server. She wants all her email to be pulled off the server unto her laptop. She now get only some of her e-mail on her laptop - (running Thunderbird on Win 7) She has 2 g-mail accounts one set up bu Sprint for the EVO and one set up by cableone.

Could you direct me to the right forum if this is not the right place to discuss this.
Thanks

Kasracer

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue my primary account that is handled through the Gmail application pushes flawlessly. The other two gmail/google apps accounts I have that I am using the HTC mail application for will show the mail arriving then as soon as I go to the inbox I see the subjects and then they disappear. If I do move fast enough to try and open one of them and try to reply it says the email doesn't exist anymore.
Sounds like you just use POP on your home machine and, when your computer gets email, it deletes it from the server which would make it disappear on your phone. This is unrelated to the phone :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34