10-29-2010 09:16 AM
131 123 ...
tools
    My two gmail accounts ( on the gmail app) have always worked great on 2.1. Moving to 2.2 my primary gmail pushs instantly. My secondary gmail account doesn't sync at all. I have to manually sync to get it to work. I have it enabled and have tried clearing the cache/data and even deleted and reinstalled the account. Mobile data is always on...No luck. Anyone else having this issue? Any Suggestions?
    08-01-2010 12:22 AM
    My two gmail accounts ( on the gmail app) have always worked great on 2.1. Moving to 2.2 my primary gmail pushs instantly. My secondary gmail account doesn't sync at all. I have to manually sync to get it to work. I have it enabled and have tried clearing the cache/data and even deleted and reinstalled the account. Mobile data is always on...No luck. Anyone else having this issue? Any Suggestions?
    Same here, very irritated.....

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-01-2010 09:35 AM
    Add me to the WTF list. Really annoying.
    08-01-2010 02:14 PM
    Mine is doing this now and I haven't even updated to 2.2...
    08-01-2010 02:19 PM
    Updated this morning to 2.2 and Gmail sync is working for me exactly like in 2.1.
    08-01-2010 02:24 PM
    Well that's interesting, I wonder if it was a glitch....
    08-01-2010 03:37 PM
    Thats odd
    08-01-2010 05:58 PM
    i can confirm that after froyo, only one of my gmail accounts is getting pushed to my phone.
    08-01-2010 06:30 PM
    Any one tried a hard reset yet? This has cleared ip other issues and is a pain but thought it would be worth a shot
    08-01-2010 08:01 PM
    I did a hard reset when flash was all jacked. It fixed the flash but gmail is a no go
    08-01-2010 08:16 PM
    Do we have any progress on this??? I am really not happy that my email isn't pushing.......

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-02-2010 09:47 PM
    I'm having this problem too. Anyone got any ideas?
    08-03-2010 09:27 AM
    I have only one gmail account synced to my phone and it is working fine.
    08-03-2010 09:54 AM
    maybe try deleting the secondary Gmail account that's not syncing and then re-add it?
    08-03-2010 09:57 AM
    i think mine was doing this too and i think i fixed it. here's what i did but not sure which step fixed it - in no particular order -

1. deleted secondary Gmail account and then re-added.
    2. cleared cache of Gmail App in settings.
    3. added Contacts and Calendar sync along with Gmail for secondary Gmail account even though i just use email on that Gmail account.
    4. for both Gmail Accounts - in settings - i UNCHECKED "Notify once".
    5. power down and power back up.
    08-03-2010 10:42 AM
    Updated this morning to 2.2 and Gmail sync is working for me exactly like in 2.1.
    How many accounts do you have?
    08-03-2010 10:49 AM
    i think mine was doing this too and i think i fixed it. here's what i did but not sure which step fixed it - in no particular order -

3. added Contacts and Calendar sync along with Gmail for secondary Gmail account even though i just use email on that Gmail account.
    How can you tell which is the PRIMARY account?? I have 4.
    08-03-2010 11:09 AM
    How can you tell which is the PRIMARY account?? I have 4.
    IMO just follow all the steps with all Gmail accounts you have. let us know how it works.
    08-03-2010 11:18 AM

Is your mail working now?
    That "Notify once" thing is new, so I wonder if it's the bug...... but it's in all of my settings not just the primary acct...... ??
    08-03-2010 11:29 AM
    Is your mail working now?
    That "Notify once" thing is new, so I wonder if it's the bug...... but it's in all of my settings not just the primary acct...... ??
    no the "Notify once" is not new. i saw it in 2.1. follow all of the steps and uncheck that on all accounts.

let us know!
    08-03-2010 11:40 AM
    Gekko - the problem with your possible solution is that you thought one of your accounts was having the issue then you thought your steps fixed it.
    08-03-2010 11:42 AM
    I have tried all the above fixes to no avail. Anyone have other suggestions?
    David Lewis6 likes this.
    08-03-2010 11:42 AM
    Gekko - the problem with your possible solution is that you thought one of your accounts was having the issue then you thought your steps fixed it.
    no way to ever be 100% sure about anything. let's just say i was 99% sure. it did not appear to be working before my fixes but now does.

rather than break my balls over my suggested solution - why not just try it and see if it fixes your problem?
    08-03-2010 11:45 AM
    Gekko, I don't think it's working, are you SURE it's working on yours? I have just done two VERY scientific tests..... ok, not really.....I have gmail loaded and watching on the web and on my phone. It showed up on the web, but not on the phone. Waited 5 minutes and pressed refresh and it showed up.
    08-03-2010 12:03 PM
    Gekko, I don't think it's working, are you SURE it's working on yours? I have just done two VERY scientific tests..... ok, not really.....I have gmail loaded and watching on the web and on my phone. It showed up on the web, but not on the phone. Waited 5 minutes and pressed refresh and it showed up.
    yes EVO Girl mine is pushing. one thing i do notice is that the notification isnt always there in the pane nor does it beep but when i go to the account the mail is there and has been pushed. i'd say this happens 1/10 of the time. note that i am not pressing the "Refresh" button to see it - it's already there and pushed. so it's pushing but not always notifying.

IMO i would re-do the steps. good luck.
    08-03-2010 12:37 PM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD