Missing Application in Market with 2.2

jsmith18a

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Since the update to 2.2 on Friday I have several apps that are no longer available in the Market. AppBrain was unable to re-sync them and when I do a manual search they are not returned in the results.

Also on a side note the applications were working fine when I did the straight update on Friday night. All preexisting apps worked fine. On Saturday I needed to clear all user data due a crashing HTC Sense that made the device unusable.

The missing apps are:
Verizon FIOD DVR
Calorie Counter
NYTimes
Discovery

If anyone knows where to download the apk for the Verizon app I would appreciate it. I can live without the others but that is a very handy app.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
When the official update is released and google adds the EVO as a phone that has 2.2 to the marketplace, you should see the apps reappear.

jsmith18a

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the prompt response.
Why are some apps not visible from the 2.2 build while most are?
This is just the geeky curiosity in me that would like to know.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Probably because they aren't officially supported, or they just don't work with it.

For example, bTunes no longer seems to work on 2.2, and it's also not in the Market for it anymore.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the prompt response.
Why are some apps not visible from the 2.2 build while most are?
This is just the geeky curiosity in me that would like to know.

Protected apps aren't available to phones for a specific version of android on them until deemed officially available.

This explains it some:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android Market/thread?tid=72687bc93eba9a1b&hl=en

Specifically:

When a new ROM/Phone is released, the manufacturer, in this case HTC, sends the build to Google, which includes a 'Fingerprint' (a unique line of text which governs its market access) in the build.prop file. Generally, it states the name of the phone and Android version in the fingerprint. With Root & system write access, this fingerprint can easily be changed...

Once Google approve the build, the fingerprint will be added to their allowed database to view protected apps on the market.

ron87

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea history eraser is gone too. It's cool cuz I still figured out how to erase the market search history without it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech