Help please! Huge issue! (i think)

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so my very first update for Evo, the one that was released on launch day, went completely fine.

The next update (Version 1.47.XXX), however, did not download for me at all. I did not think it was a big deal since it was only a minor update, so I disregarded that. To this day, I still am unable to receive that update. My device is still in the 1.3XXX software number.

I have tried to manually update the device several times today, yesterday, and the day before to see if I could once again try to update to the latest 1.47.XX version with absolutely no luck. My Evo still says "Your phone is up to date."

Now I am truly worried. Froyo will be coming out in less than 30 hours and my phone seems to lack the ability to update! I am very worried. Is there anything I can do?

Any help would be appreciated.

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My updating app didn't work at all either. The HTC software updater would not work at all, nor would the PRL, profile, or firmware. Two days ago I just bit the bullet and did a hard reset and spent 2 hours setting my phone up again, but the updater works fine now. So that's the only advice I have for you.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I will wait until someone else gives me another solution. If not then I will have to reset the device like you suggest.

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
All of my contacts were saves online on my Google account, and a hard reset doesn't do anything to your SD card so your pictures and music won't be affected. It's just downloading all the apps again and setting my screens back up that became a pain in the butt. I didn't use any kind of backup app or anything. It's the 3rd hard reset that I've done. It's not bad, just time consuming.

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe just wait a couple of days and see if the Froyo update shows up on your updater. I don't think it will be necessary for you to have to have the 1.4 version in order to receive the next OTA. If it doesn't update when released then it is definitely time for exchange or consulting with Sprint tech.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
FYI.

My girlfriend just got her update for Froyo. Mine did not. Took it to the sprint store and they had to order me a replacement because mine would just not update. It was still in the very first update from release.

At least I get a replacement. The issue is that they don't know when that will be since HTC is so backordered on the EVo