Anyone have any suggestions how I can get my hands on an Evo?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Like I posted before especially if your in Hawaii like me your screwed. I call everyday none in stock with all Sprint stores, Radioshacks, and the Best Buy stores in Hawaii dont carry sprint phones for some reason. I tried BB online but now they are out too....is it time for me to give up and just go with The Epic 4g whenever the hell it gets released?

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Like I posted before especially if your in Hawaii like me your screwed. I call everyday none in stock with all Sprint stores, Radioshacks, and the Best Buy stores in Hawaii dont carry sprint phones for some reason. I tried BB online but now they are out too....is it time for me to give up and just go with The Epic 4g whenever the hell it gets released?

Ebay.com
Sprint.com
Amazon.com
Craigslist.org
shopamerica.htc.com

joshw9805

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Trying going into the actual Best Buy store instead of online, even though they don't carry any in store, they were able to oder directly from their warehouse.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
well amazon is sold out too...its way too expensive to buy from ebay or craigslist...Theres no way ill spend $500 on a phone.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Trying going into the actual Best Buy store instead of online, even though they don't carry any in store, they were able to oder directly from their warehouse.

This didn't work for me. My son decided he wanted an Evo and none of the BB's would put me on a waiting list or order me one.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
i called telesales and Evo is sold out online and only available at select sprint stores which is not true cause there are none available in Hawaii.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Got a sales rep at a Radio Shack in WI to acknowledge that it appears the shortage is due to a back-order of the touch screens. He indicated they are 6 months behind their orders from HTC, so it sounds as if shipments until they get caught up will be very sporadic! Everywhere I call (don't forget Wal-Mart also now carries Sprint phones) the reps are worthless, but obviously they aren't given much info nor do they know when these are coming in, probably to avoid crazy rushes or nasty customers!

What p!$$e$ me off the most is this seems to of course have to happen when I finally decide to give up on my Palm Pre! Eligible for an entire month, and was holding out to see when the 1.4.5 update would be released....decided last night to bite the bullet, but of course if I had decided two weeks ago, I would've had no problems. What the H

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I think I will just get the epic if its even possible to pre order I give up on the Evo its absurd and ridiculous even Iphone customers are better treated and can get the phone in a reasonable time. Unacceptable!

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
also try wirefly.com daily. they have been known to have the evo once in awhile in stock and ready to ship

Mgu227

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I found my two Evo's on the Kona side of the Big Island at the Sprint/Impact Wireless Store. It's on Henry St.
Best of luck to ya.

jcl_cls01

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
All,

I have a friend who has Black Evo's in stock can get them delievered in 2-3 days depending on destination. He works for Sprint and can view your account details and determine if you're eligible for an early upgrade, or something else he can work out. Just give him a call. Art - 214.394.8345

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
My gf and I are having the same issue. Can't find it anywhere and no where is showing it as available online. This includes my corporate Sprint store.

I'm not going to jump through hoops to find this thing, my current phone works fine, but i will compare the Epic if i still don't have the Evo whenever it comes out.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
All,

I have a friend who has Black Evo's in stock can get them delievered in 2-3 days depending on destination. He works for Sprint and can view your account details and determine if you're eligible for an early upgrade, or something else he can work out. Just give him a call. Art - 214.394.8345

Smells like a scam to me.

jcl_cls01

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Smells like a scam to me.

Its not a scam. If your account is in good status and no limit on your account spending, Art can just add the phone upgrade charges to your bill instead of putting money up front. Give him a call and he can explain it to you in more detail. This is my second upgrade he's done for me.

mrcam216

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I called telesales last monday and ordered one. They said it was on back order but will send one as soon as they get it in. I received an email Saturday saying it was mailed and I have a tracking number. I dont know if it helped since I'm a business owner and it's a business line. ;)

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Its not a scam. If your account is in good status and no limit on your account spending, Art can just add the phone upgrade charges to your bill instead of putting money up front. Give him a call and he can explain it to you in more detail. This is my second upgrade he's done for me.
He is the real deal and totally awesome. I called him today and he is a legit sprint corporate salseman I am going to be getting my evo finally! He is super cool and said to pass it on to people who need evos. Call him if you need one he is on Texas time.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Would this require a mail in rebate that I'd have to wait on? I'd rather wait on the phone to come into retail stores like BB or the Shack vs waiting 6-8 weeks to get back $100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21