Possible to disable Sense in 2.2 Update ?

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about with the 3D app drawer on stock android, but the 3D app drawer in LauncherPro also scrolls very smoothly, unlike the Sense UI version.

aaronpaul

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>HTC Sense. Clear defaults and then Force Stop. Press your home button and you will get to 2 launcher options. HTC sense and Launcher.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Didn't work for me. Sense just restarts as soon as I hit the home button, without the option screen to choose Sense or Launcher. Basically just like it was after the previous update.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work for me. Sense just restarts as soon as I hit the home button, without the option screen to choose Sense or Launcher. Basically just like it was after the previous update.

Same thing for me, I don't think there's a, way to go vanilla without root.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you guys are on 1.47 it won't work. HTC disabled that in that version. It works on the Froyo leak.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the froyo leak too. Cleared defaults, force stop. No option for vanilla launcher when hitting home. Sense just restarts.

Well looks like Sprint doesn't allow for Vanilla launcher again in this official release. Tried it on my wife EVO. She won't let me root it sock upgraded hers earlier lol.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah and its a no go for me. Which build of the leak do you have and was it the rooted one from xda?

Yeah rooted from XDA. Seems .3 couldn't do it. And the official .6 is a no to either. I backed up the vanilla launcher apk. Gonna try and load it tomorrow. Time for some shut eye for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae