Wow... Not happy with 2.2 update... Goat needs help

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
BIG edit...

For anyone who updates to 2.2 and gets HTC Sense force close loop:

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do besides wipe user data.

1. Turn off phone.

2. Hold the volume up THEN power to turn the phone on.

3. Select Bootloader, then clear user data.

Fixed. It's a pain to set everything back up... But it seems to be your only option.

(2.2 is great once you get it working)

Last edited:

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I did the .3 manual dl on mine and got that force close loop too. I had to pull my battery and take my SD card out. It was still there when I powered back up but longer interval between pop up. I tried everything I could think of and finally deleted everything on my home screen (pulled the widgets to delete) it then stopped. When I added my card and widgets back all was fine. Good luck. It sucked.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't get into the menu to wipe it. After boot it immediately goes into a force close loop with Sense. It won't allow me to do anything besides hold the power button down and get to the power menu.

Here, I would recommend you restore the phone with that and then install the update. Let us know how it goes.

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Goat,

I just had a similar experience while out of town last week. However, mine was not with 2.2 rather 2.1. Did exactly as you are describing. I finally had to power down and do a full reset of the the phone. I did call Sprint tech support and was up to a tier 3 techie who claimed they have had a few issues since the htc update a few weeks ago and are asking people to wipe the phone. Sorry for the bad news but 2.2 may not be the cause of your issue.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Phone isn't bricked if it powers on. Try factory reset.

My phone did the same thing while I was changing Scenes before the 6/28 update. Reset sucked, but phone worked.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay.

Fixed it. I took a deep breath, chilled out, and just cleared all the user data from the boot loader screen, must have been a stray widget or app that was not allowing Sense to load with 2.2

Thanks to all... Glad my heart isn't in my stomach anymore.