browser seems less smooth then it used to be....

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if it is just me but it seems like my browser is real jerky now.... it used to seem a lot smoother when scrolling... Is there anybody else noticing this?

Reactions: evoKY

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed the same thing. It doesn't scroll as smoothly. It reminds me almost of the way the iPhone scrolls web pages. Web pages sure load quicker though. They load so fast that it almost blows my mind.

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the happiness too, which is why I came here. I wasn't sure if I was having network issues of if it was a problem other evo users were experiencing.

Newblood

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It's generally because its loading flash content. Go into browser settings and set plug-ins to load on demand.

See if that helps with your lag. Seemed to on mine.

Reactions: spun2u

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having any choppiness on the stock browser, if anything it is slightly faster.

When I upgraded to Froyo, it fubared my Swype application, and I had to reinstall. Directions on reinstalling can be found by googling, but in short you uninstall Swype AND THE SWYPE INSTALLER, then delete the files from the Downloads folder on your SD card. Then you go back to the Swype website (found in your original email from swype) and redownload the installer. Install it, make sure "swype" is checked as an input option in menus under keyboards and langauges, and you should be able to swype again. If it doesn't work initially, try powering off your phone (or removing the battery). I had to do that twice before Swype started working again, but two restarts fixed things.

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, did you have flash installed before the update?

I actually never bothered with it, so this is the first time I'm using it. I turned it off immediately and restarted to try it again, also on multiple websites but I'm not getting anything better. I hope theres some info on this because it's making me feel like I've been excited for FroYo for no reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude