Do I have to install the last update to be able to install 2.2?

Ripcode

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
My phone is not rooted and I did not install the last update.

Do I need to install the last update or do I just wait for 2.2?

I looked around, but did not find a thread discussing this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You will need to install first uodate first, then the Froyo update will be available.

Edited to correct answer.

Last edited:

barleydude

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone is not rooted and I did not install the last update.

Do I need to install the last update or do I just wait for 2.2?

I looked around, but did not find a thread discussing this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. :)

I'm also wondering the same thing. I skipped on installing the previous htc software update.

When I manually check for a HTC Software Update, it says an update is available, which is 1.47.651.1. So it looks like I might have to install that update first, unless if the 2.2 update is just not available for me yet?

Can someone confirm that they have updated to 2.2 without installing the previous htc software update?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm also wondering the same thing. I skipped on installing the previous htc software update.

When I manually check for a HTC Software Update, it says an update is available, which is 1.47.651.1. So it looks like I might have to install that update first, unless if the 2.2 update is just not available for me yet?

Can someone confirm that they have updated to 2.2 without installing the previous htc software update?

I am getting the same results, all I see is the 1.47 option.

It looks like we will have to apply the last update before it will take us to FroYo.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
so just install 1.47.651.1 then 2.2

seriously? so what if it takes you 10 extra minutes. you've waisted that already.

It's not, I am doing it as I type :)
We were just wondering whether we HAD to do that or not, that's all.

Edit: Okay I did the 1.47 patch and now FroYo is an update option. My only problem is after that patch (1.47) most of my non sense widgets no longer worked. I had to remove them, then re-add them. I believe that was covered in previous posts so it is not a big deal, I just wanted to toss that out there for anyone doing this.

Last edited:

Ripcode

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Edit: Okay I did the 1.47 patch and now FroYo is an update option. My only problem is after that patch (1.47) most of my non sense widgets no longer worked. I had to remove them, then re-add them. I believe that was covered in previous posts so it is not a big deal, I just wanted to toss that out there for anyone doing this.

Thanks for that info!

ETA: Did the 1.47 update like Paladin did and checked for updates again. Now I see the update for 2.2. Will do that one later today. :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital