2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to clarify something. When you say do a hard reset, what do you mean?
Should I do a reset by "dialing ##786#" or pressing the "Factory Data reset" under Personal Data uder SD & Phone storage in Settings, or following the step-by-step instructions you posted at the beginning of the thread? are they all the same?

Hard Reset Instructions

Good god I can't get a link to post to save my life ... errr ... it's in the first post of this thread. It's a good place to keep checking for updates.

Last edited:

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
From this point forward anyone that's using a task killer and is reporting issues in this thread, will have their post deleted. There's a huge sticky on task killers, and there have been multiple warning in this thread not to use them. The reason the processes are restarting themselves is because the OS is instructing them to. Having a task manager sitting in the background restarting them over and over is not only going to hurt battery life, it is also going to impact overall performance.

Please only report issues in this thread if A) You are NOT using a task killer and B) you have done a hard reset.

Thanks,

Cory

Awwwww no fun... LOL but task killers are not bad if you know how to use them... The problem is that most dont so I can understand why you have done this...

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to clarify something. When you say do a hard reset, what do you mean?
Should I do a reset by "dialing ##786#" or pressing the "Factory Data reset" under Personal Data uder SD & Phone storage in Settings, or following the step-by-step instructions you posted at the beginning of the thread? are they all the same?

This is on the first post of this thread...
If you are having an issue, try a hard reset this procedure.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
re: 2.2 Froyo Update - Please Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here

Can anyone else duplicate the above issues? If so, I will add them to the list. I just want 2-3 people having the same issue before I post it.

Noted. Will update post #1.

That's awesome. I wish more people would do this. It would save a lot of time and frustration, and would allow us to compile an accurate bug list.

I can't tell from Tapatalk if this has been merged or what but yes, I have the upside down front facing camera issue.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Awwwww no fun... LOL but task killers are not bad if you know how to use them... The problem is that most dont..

I totally agree :) I just don't want an issues thread to get bogged down with complaints of Froyo being broken, when the root cause may be a task killer, 3rd party app not designed for Froyo, or by not taking the time to start with a clean device via a hard reset.

jaramien

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
while on phone I received a text message and notification ringer blasted in ear. never did this before. not rooted or any 3rd party apps. lots of apps running in background, force stop but are running again in 5min. not sure on battery life, been screwing with phone for hours just like the day I got it !!!!!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
re: 2.2 Froyo Update - Please Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here

Oh and I haven't hard reset, I just saw that. Why would that be a requirement if HTC didn't require it??? I understand narrowing down the problems, but a hard reset is a drastic measure. It would take me an eight hour day to reset this thing and get it back to how I had it.

Sheesh.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

adave

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I thought. I really would rather not do that. :(

That would be terrible. Would have to reinstall all the apps all over again and reload any media back onto the device? I would hope HTC would not require us to go through such an arduous process just to get Froyo working correctly.

I might just wait until the next mini-update before upgrading to Froyo just to avoid the hard reset.

dcdttu

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.2 App / Settings Backup Missing

On Android 2.2, one of the greatest features I've been playing with on Cyanogen Mod is the App Backup / Restore Feature. Lo and behold, it seems not to be on this load of 2.2, from what I can tell. Anyone verify that it is in fact missing?

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
That would be terrible. Would have to reinstall all the apps all over again and reload any media back onto the device? I would hope HTC would not require us to go through such an arduous process just to get Froyo working correctly.

I might just wait until the next mini-update before upgrading to Froyo just to avoid the hard reset.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think a hard reset touches your SD card so you shouldn't have to reload you media or any data on your SD card. I do agree having to reinstall apps, set everything up again, etc is a bit of a pain though.

It's kind of like reformatting your computer after it's been running for a long time and starts to go wonky. When things go goofy it's always nice to start clean.

myron

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Major Calendar issues. On the phone when I simply tap an event in the Calendar (agenda view) to view the details of the event, it deletes all of the scheduled email reminders that are assigned to the event in Google Calendar. This has basically rendered the calendar useless. I cannot view events without it deleting the scheduled email reminders, meaning I will never know when events are forthcoming and forget to act on them.

This is absurd. Are others experiencing this? Any help? Add it to the list?

Calendar is the most important feature on the phone for me, and now with Froyo rendering it useless I have have fallen out of love with my EVO. If this is not fixed I will be moving to another platform.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think a hard reset touches your SD card so you shouldn't have to reload you media or any data on your SD card. I do agree having to reinstall apps, set everything up again, etc is a bit of a pain though.

It's kind of like reformatting your computer after it's been running for a long time and starts to go wonky. When things go goofy it's always nice to start clean.

Yeah I just used My backup pro and backed up then factory restored and im good again... My weather wouldn't do the animations any more and now its fine... Only complaint is my browser now...

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

That is correct.

Starting fresh is a lot easier than people might think.

Post hard reset:

1) Configure your accounts (5 minutes)
2) Delete & add any widgets you do/don't want (5 minutes)
3) Go through the settings menu and configure things the way you like them (5-10 minutes)
4) Test for 30-60 minutes before you start adding 3rd party apps.
5) Go to the Market and open up your downloads page. Before you install an app, check the latest comments being left for the app. Verify that there isn't a bunch of people saying things like "FC with Froyo!!!". Don't install apps that control the operating system (like task managers) or modify interact with hardware in any way (LED managers) and things like that. Be cautious. Don't just install 30 apps and see what happens. Unfortunately not all apps are compatible with Froyo yet.

The time you save from doing the above: Priceless.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC