2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

kmartburrito

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm experiencing almost NONE of these issues at all. I'm using the Fresh 3.1.0.1 rom, however, so I'm not sure if he fixed something, or what.

For example, Pandora is perfect, System Panel works perfectly, and the browser seems fine too. I also use the LED widget, and have no cam problems.

Might give it a try! Also, if you put on Fresh's rom, you can also use Netarchy's Kernel to unlock the screen fps to 60 from its default 30. Head over to XDA Developers to get it if you haven't already. It's a nice pair.

If someone wants me to test something specifically, I'd be glad to. Maybe it can rule out it being a permanent problem when using different ROMS.

HTCEVOUSER92

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If someone could please help me it would be great. I used unrevoked 3 to root my evo. Last night when trying to update to froyo 2.2 I couldnt and i understood it was because of the root. So I went to format my phone and reset it. When doing so i must have messed something up because now whenever I turn on my phone I am stuck in the bootloader screen. I have tried rebooting and a whole bunch of stuff but for some reason it always goes back to that screen. I really dont know what to do and I want my phone to work again. I dont care about losing everything or not being able to root. Just want my evo to work. So please if anyone could PLEASE help me on this it would be greatly appreciated. Please please help, I dont know what to do...

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If someone could please help me it would be great. I used unrevoked 3 to root my evo. Last night when trying to update to froyo 2.2 I couldnt and i understood it was because of the root. So I went to format my phone and reset it. When doing so i must have messed something up because now whenever I turn on my phone I am stuck in the bootloader screen. I have tried rebooting and a whole bunch of stuff but for some reason it always goes back to that screen. I really dont know what to do and I want my phone to work again. I dont care about losing everything or not being able to root. Just want my evo to work. So please if anyone could PLEASE help me on this it would be greatly appreciated. Please please help, I dont know what to do...

Try following this procedure.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It was natively playing the WAV files before with 2.1. It stopped with 2.2.

As an update, our phone system is Cisco. Other forums have suggested that the type of .wav file created may be G729A, and Android is expecting G711? I am not sure if that is correct, or why the change now in 2.2.

Anyone else using Exhange and a similar voicemail system as .wav file with an idea for a solution?

TeePoppa

May 4, 2010
Visit site
when i open advanced task killer, it shows that music is running. but when i tell it close it, it will not. and i have noticed that every time i open it now i have multiple apps running. it wast like this before.

I am noticing the exact same thing. I use ATK to kill the extremely long list of apps it says are running and can go right back 10 seconds later and the list may be even longer. My battery is taking a pounding with this update. I was bad before but this is just plan ridiculous. I am also noticing some lag in the browser and the 720p recording now has lots of pause lagging going on that was never there before. :mad:

bja70

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
stock sync

Hello,

This may be a silly question but after the OTA froyo update I can't seem to stop my stocks from updating. I go to settings/account sync and select stocks but the option to change sync update schedule is darked out and not selectable. Just stays at updating every 4 hours.

Weird.

Also anyone else note that streaming videos on 3G seems slower now?

Thanks,

Brad

kevster1321

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am noticing the exact same thing. I use ATK to kill the extremely long list of apps it says are running and can go right back 10 seconds later and the list may be even longer. My battery is taking a pounding with this update. I was bad before but this is just plan ridiculous. I am also noticing some lag in the browser and the 720p recording now has lots of pause lagging going on that was never there before. :mad:

i think the task killer does not work. i have noticed that it will not close anything (youtube,internet,pandora you have to force close it in the app manager. i can't fined a fix.

Cynikal1234

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

when i open advanced task killer, it shows that music is running. but when i tell it close it, it will not. and i have noticed that every time i open it now i have multiple apps running. it wast like this before.

im getting the same exact problem and the battery life is worse.

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for maintaining the list. However the solution for this problem, "Third party system panel app not working correctly" isn't really a solution. It's discussing Froyo freeing up memory. Not the "System Panel" app issue/question.

hehe .. Not to get people off topic but I seriously urge Task killer users to read this. I'm not saying there's never a valid reason to kill a task but that 99% of the time it's not necessary.

Android Developers Blog: Multitasking the Android Way

On another side note my battery life seems to be flatting out fortunately. I figured it was due to some type of sync setting or app. Still not 100% what solved it but still watching it.

Any idea what may have done it? I'm not getting much better, charged up to 59% at lunch, took off charge at 12:55, and am down to about 35% in two hours with almost no usage....

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Car dock / Car panel does not orient itself to landscape mode when the phone is rotated. I know this is working for some people but it flat out doesn't work for me. I did the Tuesday upgrade, no task killers, bone stock.

Also, I also have the video playback glitch where movies stutter and then are fine the second time around. This isn't just for 720p videos either - all of them do this for me.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Any idea what may have done it? I'm not getting much better, charged up to 59% at lunch, took off charge at 12:55, and am down to about 35% in two hours with almost no usage....

The only things I changed were the Google Talk settings. I set it to not sign in automatically. Which from my understanding it shouldn't sign in unless you launch the app, but I changed that setting anyway.

The other change I made was the Sprint Zone app. I went to Menu > settings and unchecked every option. I also set the update interval to be "On app launch".

After that it seemed to flatten out. I don't know of either of those things directly effected it but that's really all I changed.

Before that it went from 100% to 50% in 3 hours. After that it only dropped 2% in an hour (which is much more like it). That's all with very little usage.

If I had root I'd take a screenshot of my battery chart. Unfortunately I don't though.

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The plug ins option doesnt work for my browser, everything is still just as choppy as it was before. I'm going to set it up for a hard reset later on and see if it solves anything. I downloaded opera mini and it is just as smooth as the stock browser was in 2.1 but i just dont like the browser at all.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Music multi-tasking issue is NOT only affected by Pandora. Please correct the first post.

(Feel free to test: Run Google Nav + HTC's stock music app. It will pause and not resume)

Eclipse97z

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Inconsistent features

I've noticed something on the Froyo update that aren't consistent with other programs. For example, the Video cam app icons does not full rotate like the Cam app icons. Also the YouTube app does not fully rotate either. Might sound Nick-picky however just wanted to point out some flaws for next update.

mhrischuk

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't install 2.2 when I click install now, my phone shuts off and comes back on the botloder screen and then I have to restart and it a circle going round and round. How do I fix this please help!

I'm screwed. I did the update at noon today. All the thing does is keep cycling through the Sprint loader... comes up no signal and no controls. Been cycling for 4 hours now. I called tech. They said let it cycle.

Calling again

edrdoberts

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm periodically getting an error message:
"The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

There doesn't seem to be any specific task I'm performing when it pops up.

waazzupppp#WN

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit that I had most of the issues listed above after the update - and then the magicial decision to try that "Hard Reset" fixed everything...

Browser is now faster on 3G than before - flash content works the same as the 10.1 XDA patch. Audio is also aligned perfectly with the reset.

Weather clock is fixed without lag - and updates automatically after unlock.

Did not uninstall flashlight and camera function is working just fine - though 720 video is still only 24 fps - which is just adequate, and not good.

After unlock, it immediately goes back to the active screen - no white loading screen anymore.

Slacker is back to normal after updating it in the market to the newest version. Might be a 2.2 problem with Slacker that requires an update of the Slacker program?

Battery life has settled in nicely as I am down 20% at 6 hours unplugged. I have 6 email accounts, 4 checking @ 15 min and 2 @ 2 hours... Twitdroyd at 1 hour, with almost no voice and little texting today. I am using Handcent and the stock mail app with Gmail.

Many of the other 'issues' that are listed here may have been removed by Sprint for compatibility reasons. It's a shame to lose them, but what do you want, software updates in a timely fashion or 'that gallery from the unofficial release in the video'?

So, despite the fact that the phone didn't do a full reset, I highly recommend doing one yourself with this update. It solved all the issues I had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan