2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/5)

Unbelievable!!!! Push stopped working again!!!!!!

This has to be a gmail issue.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

davidswank

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
GDocs
spreadsheet are working fine.
documents download but display nothing, on a 2nd select of the doc only a single blank line appears

Last edited:

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
interesting if this is true. . . . .
My data speeds have been getting slower and slower. Didnt know if it was ROM related or network related.
I called CS last night and worked with them. As soon as I said on 2.2 10min into the call, click. . . dead air. didnt know if he hung up on me or what, but my data speeds immediately went from like 50kbps to like 1.2MBPS

Mine were too - I did a PRL and Profile update and it's back to normal.

YUNGSONNY

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
android.process.acore????

Have not yet seen this issues posted
"The Process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

--Updated to Froyo 2.2
--NO task killer used on phone.
--Hard reset completed (twice)

Thoughts?

I'm having the same problem and it is down right ticking me off....I could of waited. Group is not what I expected! Can someone answer the question with a solution please??

natthecat21

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Facebook issue

I haven't had really any issues with the new update...that I've found yet...except this: I have Facebook for HTC and when I select "Older Posts" on the news feed, I only get a couple posts or none at all and the date listed on the last one is Dec 31. This seems like such a trivial issue and I've searched through the forum but haven't seen anyone else have this issue. I had no problems before the update. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'd hate to do a hard reset just for this.

renemay

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just hot a video sent to me from a friend via g-mail and when i went to play it it will work but i dont get no sound. and yes it's all the way up. can someone help me:(

aurialus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I can confirm that push gmail has stopped working for me again as well (no changes to my Evo), on my secondary (work) account. Lovely. My main account is still syncing fine, however. It doesn't seem fully logical that there isn't some interaction with Froyo secondary gmail accounts and gmail - otherwise it seems both should stop working.

wmicke

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I plug my Evo into my car charger now, I can't use the media player anymore, because the Evo reports that the SD card is being used to connect to a computer via USB.

I'm pretty sure there's no computer hiding in my car's accessory socket... and even if there was, I haven't selected the mass storage option from the usual menu that you get when you plug into a computer via USB... It just seems to automtically assume that that's why it's plugged in rather than even giving me a menu option so I can decide for myself.

dtizzle79

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has already been covered, but I'm at work and don't have time to pour over the thread. I can't charge my phone in the car and listen to music at the same time because it keeps unmounting the SD card. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey I just spoke to Sprint and supposedly there is going to be another update to fix the glitches post froyo when they didn't say but they are just waiting on HTC

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Ive had websites mistake my Evo for a droid x. Facebook site tells me I can install facebook for android on my droid x.

Someone else reported this as well. Can you point your browser here and paste the results in this thread?

When I plug my Evo into my car charger now, I can't use the media player anymore, because the Evo reports that the SD card is being used to connect to a computer via USB.

I'm pretty sure there's no computer hiding in my car's accessory socket... and even if there was, I haven't selected the mass storage option from the usual menu that you get when you plug into a computer via USB... It just seems to automtically assume that that's why it's plugged in rather than even giving me a menu option so I can decide for myself.

I'm sure this has already been covered, but I'm at work and don't have time to pour over the thread. I can't charge my phone in the car and listen to music at the same time because it keeps unmounting the SD card. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Are the 2 of you using USB car chargers?

I'm having the same problem and it is down right ticking me off....I could of waited. Group is not what I expected! Can someone answer the question with a solution please??

I wonder if it has something to do with the SD card. Someone else reported that this worked for them with "android.process.media" issues. Maybe your phone is trying to interact with the card for some other reason, and is running in to issues.

I can confirm that push gmail has stopped working for me again as well (no changes to my Evo), on my secondary (work) account. Lovely. My main account is still syncing fine, however. It doesn't seem fully logical that there isn't some interaction with Froyo secondary gmail accounts and gmail - otherwise it seems both should stop working.

Did the 2 of you try all of the solutions in the first post, a combination of, or just one of them?

wmicke

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm using a USB car charger too... but it was working fine BEFORE the update to Froyo... Don't get me wrong... everything else about Froyo I love... but this is frustrating and annoying. :(

donnyespo1

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Seems that after I did a factory reset, hard reset, deleted and re-download some apps, changes all my settings again im finally getting battery levels as it was on 2.1.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH GMAIL SYNC ISSUES READ THIS POST IT WORKED FOR ME!!

THanks ADRINAQ!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like many here I was having the same "no sync" problem with my non-primary gmail accounts. Here is how I fixed my issue. YMMV.......
NOTE: There might be a shorter way, but I will state exactly what I did verbatim.

1) Made sure my accounts were setup for sync.
(Setting-> Accounts & Sync)

2) Went to Settings->Applications->Manage Application->ALL->Gmail and Pressed the clear data button.

3) At this point I was getting Force Closed issues when I clicked on my GMAIL Unread count widget. Just go to the App Tray and load up the gmail app. It will will give you a message asking you to wait for mail to set up. I just cancelled out.

4) Rebooted

5) err message on my secondary gmail unread count widget went away.

6) Sent a test email to my secondary gmail account and 5 seconds later (literally...I timed it)...it popped up on my phone.

I have since received a handful of emails from various sources and things are looking good.

Hope this help.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I'm using a USB charger.

Yeah I'm using a USB car charger too... but it was working fine BEFORE the update to Froyo... Don't get me wrong... everything else about Froyo I love... but this is frustrating and annoying. :(

I agree it's broken and should be fixed. I'm doing saying this by memory, because I no longer have an EVO, but... as a workaround, I believe when you plug the EVO in to a USB source, you can swipe downward on the notification panel and click on the USB notification. From there I think you have the option to change it to Charge Only, and then making that the default connection type. I would try choosing both. When you plug it into your computer to access the storage card, you can always change it from Charge Only to Disk Drive.

Let me know if 1) that works and 2) If I got the verbiage right as far as what to click on.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine seems to be working fine, but what I don't get is how some peoples has no problems and others have all kinds. Its the same software going on the same phone. Is the apps that cause it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss