2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've updated my post earlier in the thread regarding the Calendar Bug (where editing an existing event deletes the Description field by overwriting it with the Where field).

http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=269179#post269179

In brief:

- Bug exists on all Evos with official Froyo update. Data disappears on device, cloud, and all synced devices if edited event is saved without re-entering Description.
- Hard Reset doesn't fix
- Some 3rd party calendar apps (Jorte, iRT) will edit properly
- Sprint CS doesn't care
- HTC CS does

I will update again when I hear back from HTC.

Well, it makes sense that HTC would care, while Sprint won't acknowledge the issue. The problem is HTC's software. Not Sprint's and not Google's. The problem is the HTC Sense Calendar overlay. It has the bug and HTC has to fix it and issue a hotfix. Of course it will probably have to be approved by Sprint.

Either way, I realized right away that it was an HTC software issue. I didn't bother complaining to Sprint or Google. I did get a reply back from HTC acknowledging the issue and they say that a fix "should be coming in the next few weeks if everything stays on track."

...But for a little more visibility on Google's plate, you can check out the code page on Google's support forum and "star" the issue (click the little star next to the title of the issue). The more people that "star" the issue, the higher it goes on Google's (and possibly HTC's) priority RADAR: Issue 10339 - android - The calendar doesn't allow proper editing since Android 2.2 - Froyo update. - Project Hosting on Google Code

cali_vinka

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Music Info not recognized after update

I updated yesterday and 90% of my music on my SD has been moved to the unknown artist folder. I went home, deleted all the music and re-synched it all via Windows Media Player and still the same. Suggestions please!!

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues

Something I hate from froyo since I updated. The I always get the "video cannot be played"message after a short while when using the youtube app or full screen video. I can never finish a video....so frustrating. I have hard reset 3 times already. Any suggestions?

Just posted in the EVO forum about this. The widget don't work at all, the app works sometimes (even has problems when I turn off HD quality). Only using a browser can I watch a complete video, even then it is only 75% of the time. I wonder if there is a problem with buffering?

wrxchic#AC

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
i'm having the 2ndary sync email issue again. i just got back from my trip home and it's not retrieving my emails anymore....WTF. i did the workaround...nothing

Devilicus

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else's Market app not been working very well since the 2.2 update? I find my Evo losing its 3G connection a lot when I enter the Market and having to try multiple times to install almost any application. Its kinda frustrating. Any solutions out there?

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
i'm having the 2ndary sync email issue again. i just got back from my trip home and it's not retrieving my emails anymore....WTF. i did the workaround...nothing

Are you using the Gmail app or the Mail one? I've never exprienced problems retrieving with Gmail. Only time I didn't recieve mail was when i stopped the running service "Google Messaging Service" just to see.

EDIT: I'm dumb. 2ndary is the email you're using. :)

praytorain

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it suppose to be a feature, but mail doesn't work the same. I setup a POP3 account to my work. It check e-mail on my phone fine, but when I download the mail from the server onto my work computer it disappears from my phone once it syncs to the server again. It doesn't matter if I have read it or not on my phone it dissapears. So I am not able to keep any e-mail on my phone for future refernece.

Also the Youtube app gives me connection errors over 3G and won't play most videos.

praytorain

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to put this in my last post. When using HTC music widget and navigation, the music will pause when the navigation voice come on, but the music does not restart once the navigation instructions have stopped.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to put this in my last post. When using HTC music widget and navigation, the music will pause when the navigation voice come on, but the music does not restart once the navigation instructions have stopped.

Yeah I think issue has been brought up. Sucks because I prefer google navigation over sprint because of speed and that it used to lower the volume of the music when telling directions. I've resorted to using sprint navigation now until that pause bug gets fixed.

praytorain

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I decided to e-mail HTC about the Youtube, Music with Navigation, and POP email. Here is their quick response:

"I understand the issues you are having with your EVO and some applications that are not working the same as before the update. I am aware of all of the issues listed and will say that usually after an update if a customer has issues it will be one of these issues listed. All 3 issues are due to have a hot fix released for them and will probably all come at the same time as an OTA update. I do not have an exact date for the release of the update for the device but I have heard that the update will be coming pretty soon may next couple of weeks to a month."

Quick Storm

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2.2 Froyo Update - WEATHER WIDGET ISSUE

I think I figured out the weather widget problem I have been having. You have to go to settings then chose SYNC. This is where you sync gmail, Facebook etc.. the weather has an option to sync. Mine was not checked so I chose the option to sync all and since then the weather widget hasn't disappeared from the clock.

Sent from my EVO.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I decided to e-mail HTC about the Youtube, Music with Navigation, and POP email. Here is their quick response:

"I understand the issues you are having with your EVO and some applications that are not working the same as before the update. I am aware of all of the issues listed and will say that usually after an update if a customer has issues it will be one of these issues listed. All 3 issues are due to have a hot fix released for them and will probably all come at the same time as an OTA update. I do not have an exact date for the release of the update for the device but I have heard that the update will be coming pretty soon may next couple of weeks to a month."

Cool thanks for the update. I hope it does come out soon.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have found that resetting my Evo takes care of the Bluetooth issue. As a result, I reset it every morning at the beginning of the day and rarely have problems with it after that. I thought 2.1 bit, 2.2's Blueteeth is just plain bad.

I am having tons of bluetooth issues after Froyo 2.2. It was very solid with 2.1, but I can't instantly connect with any of my bluetooth devices without turning on and off several times or going into settings and manually connecting and disconnecting a device. This is ridiculous! Why did HTC release this ROM with so many problems? If they don't fix the bluetooth issues soon I will have to reactivate my Palm Pre and I definitely don't want to have to do that!

Quick Storm

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2.2 Froyo Update

I think I figured out the weather widget problem I have been having. You have to go to settings then chose SYNC. This is where you sync gmail, Facebook etc.. the weather has an option to sync. Mine was not checked so I chose the option to sync all and since then the weather widget hasn't disappeared from the clock.

Sent from my EVO.

So far so good after re-sync. Been at least 24hours and weather widget is still there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

lk

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have an EVO and I constantly get a pop-up message saying "default calendar not found". Everything seems to be working ok. The message seems to have started after the 2.2 upgrade. Any ideas where its coming from? I have searched everywhere and not found a similar problem mentioned.

Last edited:

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the bluetooth issues, as, of course it didn't work in 2.1 but now, hook up just fine with my car adapters...i guess each phone has it's own personality. I just hope the .wav issue is addressed soon.

gman eb#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
After the update my battery life went downhill. Did a hard reset, seems to be the same. Before the update my battery life was killer. Oh well :/

pined-apple

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm also noticing several issues when using Android Market after upgrading to 2.2.

1) The download doesn't immediately start, like its trying to connect to market, but no data transfered.

2) 3G signal drops and I'm forced to stop and start 3G services in order for the download to resume.

3) The phone reboots often during the download.

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Evo. Coming from a Palm 755p. Sprint since 2001. Before I do ANYTHING (and I mean I will ask questions and just make phone calls till I know enough), I want advice on what to do about Froyo and what order to do things in. I dont want to root (at least till I know this inside and out - as an amateur...I'm a 58 yo doctor, smart but not tech savvy as I would like).

I've read hours here for the last many months, but its still confusing.

Basics: Is Froyo ready now and stable enough I should install it now before adding apps and customizing things? Will this help with some of the issues with the apps people have? I know some of the apps with issues are already on the phone.

Dont care about Bluetooth so much.

Is there a forum "primer" on todays preferred order of setting up the Evo?

My priorities are: stability, speed of internet, battery life, simplicity. I won't play many games, promise not to use task killers (but would like use your suggestions on safely getting rid of bloatware - but only if it matters for speed and battery life. I wouldn't risk removing them if I could move the icon to a "storage area out of site" and know they didn't run or slow anything).

Other than phone and net, I will use the calender, memos, camera-vid (lightly).

Should I even try to move my contacts from the Treo to the Evo now or after Froyo? I'm trying to figure that out. Also callender events, but those would only take an hour to do manually if needed.

I want Swype, but want to do it right, not rush it.

There is so much more I don't even know to ask, but am looking for guidance. I tried to jump in and do too much with the Treo at first and ran into issues. I want to do is slow and stable here...but my first 2 desires are Swype and (if you advise) Froyo.

So Many of these threads have important info, but are so long that its hard to follow (ie Froyo and battery life threads are the 2 I want to learn now)

So what would you do? Do Froyo now? Swype now?

Remember, I know lots of big words but get intimidated by terms like "full wipe".