Bluetooth dialing with froyo?

biggroc85

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought I heard this was coming with froyo but no one has mentioned it now that's it's here is it still a feature that comes with the update?

st

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a big deal and I was flummoxed that no mention of bluetooth dialing. Downloading now, I hope it works as good as voice search.

hatfield

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It works well. I have a hands free kit in my car that became unusable for inititing or answering calls when I got the Evo. Got the Froyo on last night and tried it in the car and it just works. No settings so it must just be built in. I press the butto, I hera speak now over my car speakers. I tell it who to call and it repeats for cinfirmation and I say yes. It works.

Straykat

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed working for me as well. No additional action or configuration was needed for my Blueant S4 to work with voice dial. When driving I just say "phone options" + "call Bruce" and away it goes. Now the S4 is 100% handsfree, finally!

Straykat

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
For me I say something like "Call Bruce at home" or "Call Bruce on mobile". The voice dialer responds with "calling Bruce at home" or "Calling Bruce on mobile".

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
For me I say something like "Call Bruce at home" or "Call Bruce on mobile". The voice dialer responds with "calling Bruce at home" or "Calling Bruce on mobile".

Interesting, because my BT also only dials the "Primary" number. I have the Motorola H715.

st

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
works great with icon

Works great with the icon, just have to hold down the button a bit longer so you don't get the voice telling you the time.

Icon seems to allow the evo to ask you which number.

Straykat

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You should also be able to say "dial 123-456-7890" if the name doesn't resolve to the correct phone number. This works on my Icon and the S4.

blueant#AC

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,
On the BlueAnt S4 you simply say
"BlueAnt, Speak to me",
the S4 responds with "Say a command" you then say
"Phone commands"
this then takes you to the Phones Voice dialler via Bluetooth.

Good to see Froyo finally get out there so you can take full advantage of the handsfree.

Regards

Scott

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes this was one of the few things I missed from the BB Curve. Now my Voyager Pro works great for all voice dialing. I just press the button on the ear piece and say who I want to call. It is much more accurate than the BB voice dialing was.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs