Stopping running apps???

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I am not even sure how to word this question(s)...

Since the update there is tons of stuff running on my evo (like everyone has already mentioned).
I have seen the recommendation that you need to "re-sync" everything.
First question:

By re-sync do you mean go into running apps and force close?

Next question...when I look at everything that is runnning, I don't even know what some of it is or what it does (ex: com.smithmicro.DM?)

So, is there a way I can figure out what something is before I close it? I don't want to mess things up :confused:

If you force close something that should be running, how do you restart it?

If you force close unwanted stuff, will it all reopen when you turn phone off then back on?

Is there a way to close apps so that they WON"T reopen?

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You can force close all downloaded apps, I wouldn't touch the htc stuff, keyboards, Google stuff with the green Android and the phone app. If you close something by accident it with start up again. Stuff like the phone app, keyboards will hesitate before starting and might not work right away even though its up and running. I recommend you get and app killer so you won't have go though this again.

Last edited:

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
You can force close all downloaded apps, I wouldn't touch the htc stuff, keyboards, Google stuff with the green Android and the phone app. If you close something by accident it with start up again. Stuff like the phone app, keyboards will hesitate before starting and might not work right away even though its up and running. I recommend you get and app killer so you won't have go though this again.

I actually have an app killer. But seems some stuff still running. This is part of whats confusing to me..also trying to figure out which things to put on the auto kill list and which things to the ignore list.
Thanks for the reply :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital