What will it take for the Evo to dominate?

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
With the latest news of Android phones being gobbled up, Sprint's profits and the business over at HTC, it's pretty clear that 'droid phones are going to be the ones to beat. My question is this: how can the Evo dominate in the smartphone market? People are talking about this phone and in the last week, I've seen over 4 different people already with an Evo, so the phone is definitely out there.

I think that the best way to get the Evo better known would be through TV ads, good ones; I'm not to fond of the current "first" ads by Sprint.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why does it need to dominate? Some people don't want the large form factor or on other carriers or don't want to pay the $10 "EVO tax." So what? If people like (or are stuck on) a carrier other than Sprint, then they can't get an EVO even if wanted one. That the Galaxy S is on all carriers is the first attempt to cover all possibilities with the same product - albeit with the Epic having a physical keyboard.

The battle isn't between EVO and all other Android phones but Android's OS over RIM and Apple's offerings. As Android gets more market share, more app devs will come over, especially when it means escaping Apple's rigid and arbitrary App Store policies. We want Android OS to dominate, not just the EVO.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't need to dominate, but strictly from an Android standpoint I would like it at the top. This forces other OS's to improve quicker because they now have real competition.

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
The EVO itself is not going to "dominate". In about 3 months, there will be a newer, faster Android phone out there that everyone will be talking about--perhaps not even that long.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The OS is what is important. Not the phone. While I like my Evo, I am more interested in Android's survival than the Evo's survival. There will always be another phone with faster processor, more memory, better screen, more bells and whistles, etc.

What is important is being able to invest in the platform (i.e. software apps, etc.) and knowing that it will be around and your investment isn't going to waste or being orphaned.

Next year, I'll probably have a new phone. I would hope that Android keeps growing and improving at a good pace so that I don't have to abandon it in order to get better technology.

So far, things look good.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Love my Evo but I am already looking forward to getting my Evo2 in June 2011
I think whatever replaces the Evo for next year will be great.

It is Android I want to see out there succeeding. I don't feel competition from other Android devices as much as I do for any Android device versus iPhone etc..

If Droid X's take over the world, so be it as long as I can get one on Sprint i:)i

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
^Ding Ding!

Ding Ding for your Ding Ding....haha

I think that the EVO will be like the Wii. Hard to find and always sold out. But when they do come in they are gone fast.

Thats fine cause it creates more buzz and keeps it in the news for a very long time.

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope it's not like the Wii, by the time it was easy to find it was outdated. I got Sprint to move up my date to Aug 15 so I would like to upgrade in AUG so next year I can move it up to JUL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox