How Long Is HTC Going To Keep Early Upgraders Hanging?

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Here is how I see it. The .3 release wasn't "official" because HTC nor Sprint said go here and download it. They URL got leaked by tech sites and all us eager beavers, jumped on it. There is probably NO difference to the actual OS itself. When Sprint got it, they probably modified there NASCAR or Sprint Zone apps and changed the build number for the OTA update.

So if you aren't having any problems, be patient! Worst case scenario, you have to wait till a whole new build comes out in a few months. Nobody can tell a difference between the two builds so why update if it is working fine, just leave it alone. If you are having problems, then go to a Sprint store and have it rolled back. I'm pretty sure you are going to have to the same problems you did with the "unofficial" update though.

I'm using the .3 release and it is working great for me. I don't care if HTC releases a patch in a week or in a month. If it's not broke, why fix it? One little rumor or wrong information gets out and the forums spread it like wild fire. Same thing happened when people were waiting to buy the Evo. Rumors of having to sign a new contract, shortages and so many others. Everything will work out.

If you believe everything you hear or read, I am selling dehydrated water. It is a very good price. It will last forever and all you have to do is add water.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if when its released will it tell other updated Froyo users to update. If it a OTA, then it might have a few fixes for the final 2.2 1.6 build issues also. It's all good to me, HTC and sprint has surprised the Hell out of everyone with bring great phones, prices, fixes, updates, Froyo before almost any other phone besides the Google phone.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I can say for a fact that Sprint Reps did say that a Manual update was out on friday i can say this for a FACT. If you called into tech support they even said it was out so you saying that is incorrect.

I just want to say your wrong... I am all done here.. If it was official why would HTC urge people to not download it and then pull it from their website.. If you dont believe me see the link below...

"HTC just shot us a message to clarify that this is not the final ROM version and that the company is strongly recommending not to install this. Additionally, a request has been put in to remove the file from the server, so if you still want to try at your own risk, better download now while it's still available."

EVO 4G's Froyo firmware was available for download, manual install (update) -- Engadget

tazzman2009

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say your wrong... I am all done here.. If it was official why would HTC urge people to not download it and then pull it from their website.. If you dont believe me see the link below...

"HTC just shot us a message to clarify that this is not the final ROM version and that the company is strongly recommending not to install this. Additionally, a request has been put in to remove the file from the server, so if you still want to try at your own risk, better download now while it's still available."

EVO 4G's Froyo firmware was available for download, manual install (update) -- Engadget

BOOM read that!!

Support - Article Updated: Aug 04, 2010

Just like your computer, your phone's software needs to be updated periodically to make sure you have all the latest fixes and enhancements to keep it running at optimal performance. Follow the steps below to check your current version and perform any needed updates.

Version History

Current Version: 3.26.651.3

Version
Date released
Description of enhancements/fixes

3.26.651.3 8/3/2010 This update offers:
- Ability to share applications
- Display events and birthdays from Facebook on Calendar
- Use camera LED as flashlight
- New user interface for the FM radio
- Add unknown users in Facebook as friends in Friend Stream
- Photo Gallery supports Facebook comments function
- Send contact as vCard using SMS
- Addition of MMS slideshow editor
- New pre-loaded widgets including Calculator, FM radio, Message list view, Profile settings and Ringtone settings
- Camcorder can use camera flash so video can be shot at night or in low light
- Flash 10.1 support
- Numeric PIN and alpha-numeric passwords to unlock screen
- Search widget and search bar able to switch to search in different types (web, specific application, or all)
- Adjustable alarm volume
- Android Market widget allows installation of applications on SD card
1.47.651.1 6/28/2010 This upgrade offers:
- Improvements to Wi-Fi performance
- Exchange Active Sync improvements, including fix to issues with new account setup, PIN policy usage and Exchange Calendar 2010 Sync
- Addresses Facebook sync issue which can improve battery performance

6/4/2010
Initial Release

Check the version on your phone

To find the software version on your HTC EVO? 4G:

Go to the Home screen
Tap Menu > Settings > About phone > Software Information
The build number and software number show the current version on your phone

Update your software

To update your EVO over the air:

Go to the Home screen
Tap Menu > Settings > System updates > HTC software update
Your EVO will automatically download and install any available updates. You may need to power your phone off and back on to complete the software upgrade.

Support - Article Updated: Aug 04, 2010

Just like your computer, your phone's software needs to be updated periodically to make sure you have all the latest fixes and enhancements to keep it running at optimal performance. Follow the steps below to check your current version and perform any needed updates.

Version History

Current Version: 3.26.651.3

Version
Date released
Description of enhancements/fixes

3.26.651.3 8/3/2010 This update offers:
- Ability to share applications
- Display events and birthdays from Facebook on Calendar
- Use camera LED as flashlight
- New user interface for the FM radio
- Add unknown users in Facebook as friends in Friend Stream
- Photo Gallery supports Facebook comments function
- Send contact as vCard using SMS
- Addition of MMS slideshow editor
- New pre-loaded widgets including Calculator, FM radio, Message list view, Profile settings and Ringtone settings
- Camcorder can use camera flash so video can be shot at night or in low light
- Flash 10.1 support
- Numeric PIN and alpha-numeric passwords to unlock screen
- Search widget and search bar able to switch to search in different types (web, specific application, or all)
- Adjustable alarm volume
- Android Market widget allows installation of applications on SD card
1.47.651.1 6/28/2010 This upgrade offers:
- Improvements to Wi-Fi performance
- Exchange Active Sync improvements, including fix to issues with new account setup, PIN policy usage and Exchange Calendar 2010 Sync
- Addresses Facebook sync issue which can improve battery performance

6/4/2010
Initial Release

Check the version on your phone

To find the software version on your HTC EVO? 4G:

Go to the Home screen
Tap Menu > Settings > About phone > Software Information
The build number and software number show the current version on your phone

Update your software

To update your EVO over the air:

Go to the Home screen
Tap Menu > Settings > System updates > HTC software update
Your EVO will automatically download and install any available updates. You may need to power your phone off and back on to complete the software upgrade.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
HTC If you who installed an unofficial update on EVO last week, we working on a simple, effortless solution. Please bear with us a bit longer.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
BOOM!!

Read your own links.

That message was put out HOURS after the "leak" was leaked. Up until hat point there was plenty of enough evidence to think it was an official update. And on the Sprint website that had all the updates for the Evo had the 2.2 update there dated 7/30...

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That message was put out HOURS after the "leak" was leaked. Up until hat point there was plenty of enough evidence to think it was an official update. And on the Sprint website that had all the updates for the Evo had the 2.2 update there dated 7/30...

Plenty of evidence? Just because endgadget provides a link and not Sprint/HTC themselves doesn't mean it's official. They said themselves it's NOT official. Why are you even questioning it?

tazzman2009

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
BOOM!!

Your copy/paste doesn't say anything about downloading from a link, only OTA, which wasn't available last Friday.

Thank you Jerzyiroc. Like J just said it was out there and many sige pointed to it being offical. I know there was sites saying they heard from people at sprint and htc it was the real deal and so on.

HTC knows people download and find links on there website all the time so they knew dang well this was going to get out. Everyone will be back to normal here soon onces HTC brings out whatever they plan to do.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Jerzyiroc. Like J just said it was out there and many sige pointed to it being offical. I know there was sites saying they heard from people at sprint and htc it was the real deal and so on.

HTC knows people download and find links on there website all the time so they knew dang well this was going to get out. Everyone will be back to normal here soon onces HTC brings out whatever they plan to do.

Hey guess what?

It wasn't an official release. Kthxbai.