2.2 Bluetooth voice dialing?

gjnbag

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I've used the bluetooth voice dialing on my car's BT and it works really well. At least for my car all I have to do is press the talk button and a message comes over my BT saying "speak now" and on the screen of the phone lists possible commands that you can dictate to your phone. Hope this helps!!!!!

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
It works pretty much like any other voice dialing feature on other phones. It's a bit disappointing that that it doesn't confirm before dialing, so if it mistakenly hears a wrong contact name or number, you'll need to disconnect your call.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
It works pretty much like any other voice dialing feature on other phones. It's a bit disappointing that that it doesn't confirm before dialing, so if it mistakenly hears a wrong contact name or number, you'll need to disconnect your call.

I just tried mine (have a Plantronics Voyager Pro) and it confirmed who I was calling before it called - even asked on one if I wanted to call office or mobile when I just said the name.

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same headset but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Do I need to turn on a setting on my phone? Do you just press the power button on the headset?

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same headset but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Do I need to turn on a setting on my phone? Do you just press the power button on the headset?

hold the talk button, and it should beep, and then you will see a list of command on your phone, just follow the direction. See here:

Bluetooth_0.png

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I just tried mine (have a Plantronics Voyager Pro) and it confirmed who I was calling before it called - even asked on one if I wanted to call office or mobile when I just said the name.

It does say who it's calling, but every other voice dialing service I've used has a dialog where you asked to confirm by saying "yes" before it initiates a call. This is what I meant.

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey - it works! Sorry for my ignorance on last post, but sometimes you push the right button and sometimes you don't .... thanks for the quick response.

jeffgh24

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
When I hold the talk button on my talk button, it keeps redialing and bringing up the voice dialer.

I am using a Motoral Droid with Build FRG22 by Pete and Motorola H375 headset.

Any thoughts?

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Icon and for me if I tap the button on the bt I get a battery status. If I hold the button, I do get the bluetooth dialing. However it just dials right away and doesn't ask if it's the correct number. So far it has never gotten the correct person so for me it's useless. That has got to be fixed.

jcole01272

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Plantronics, and if I hold the talk button, it goes in to the BT Voice Dialing, but just like the voice dialing before, the lack of accuracy is ridiculous!! Out of 15 calls yesterday, it got like one or two right. I wasted more time trying to use the feature and it would have been quicker to just dial (which I eventually had to do at a light). I abandoned the native voice control for Vlingo when I first got the EVO since it was so much more accurate. Does anyone who had used it know if it gets any better with time? I know Vlingo had a learning curve, but it was very quick. The native voice controls just seem horribly inaccurate to me, does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
It really needs a confirmation. It does keep making mistakes.

I downloaded an app called Call Confirm, and it works great. Before it dials anyone, whether I dial them regularly or BT voice dial them, a screen pops up asking me to confirm that is who I want to call. For me it works great because I have speed dials on my home page and I don't always hit the right one, so I can make sure before the call is actually placed. Just a suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech