Okay I may have found the battery drain problem

DJJT

Jun 27, 2010
twitter.com
I checked my contacts (people > view) and Facebook for HTC sense has the correct number 234 friends and the regular Facebook has 2085 contacts. Some, but not all, contacts have 8 to 10 duplicate entries.

I had the same problem.

Because of this, I'm using FB for HTC Sense only for updating my contacts & photos, and the new updated FB for Android app for all other Facebook functions.

(Oddly, I'm not experiencing battery drain with the new FB update either.)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else download the new Facebook app? Well if you have, and even have turned both sync and notifications off. It doesn't matter, the service is still running and keeps going up in size. Here is a post over at XDA proving the claim, scroll down and see the picture.

New Facebook app killing the battery? - xda-developers

After reading this I checked mine and Facebook was eating up my battery... I used ATK and killed it last night before bed and then checked Spare parts an "Partial awake usage" and the Facebook block went from about 60% full to less than 5% full..... After using my phone all day today and even accessing Facebook about 4 times I just checked my phone again and the Facebook usage is way down (on partial awake) It's barely registering now and is actually 5th behind Android System, Internet, Mail, Calendar and THEN Facebook in Partial wake usage.... and since the update to the newest version of Facebook I am actually getting notifications now....

Last night when I read this Facebook was number one in my partial wake usage... Not sure what the deal is.....

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't even see the point in installing the app anymore, you can do more from the mobile site than you can from the app anyway. Just add a browser shortcut on you home screen and call it good.

sincityk9

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't even see the point in installing the app anymore, you can do more from the mobile site than you can from the app anyway. Just add a browser shortcut on you home screen and call it good.

That's what I do. Works for me. Shortcut and done.

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Guys, since I ordered the Seidio 3500 extended battery last week, battery drain is not an issue. If you don't mind some added thickness to your EVO, this is the way to go. I have had the phone off the charger for more than 24 hours and still my battery is at 70%. This is with moderate to heavy use. The back case that comes with it also protects the camera lens. Just thought I would reiterate what others have posted regarding the battery.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I fell asleep last night forgetting to plug my phone in, still at 50% after almost 22 hours. Sorry I had to post this I was excited, I have no life lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37