the most problems after they upgraded to Froyo imo from what I see on the boards. For example worst battery life, slower 3G and page rendering ect. Is this the case?
    08-05-2010 12:20 AM
    Huh? Really? I've been on CM6 since the nightlies where released and I am still very pleased. Battery life is great, 3G hauls, and everything happens faster than stock+Sense.
    08-05-2010 12:24 AM
    I think he's talking to people running the sense UI update but still rooted. Obviously running cyanogen should be faster and a better ROM in general in my opinion.
    08-05-2010 01:59 AM
    Actually, I think this might be right. My battery life since going back to Sense has been MUCH worse than CM6.
    08-05-2010 02:07 AM
    it probably is pretty bad but cm6 has been in nightly build mode for over two weeks now. rooted stock 2.2 was cooked literally as release was going on. these roms need to be worked on a little more. i'm certain there will be an offical stock rom with great battery life coming soon or already out now. i don't know b/c i like cm6, but i can promise you that the battery on this has not always been good. it was down right awful the first week. today my battery life was great! i'm even running a custom theme over it. so not too shabby. give it a few days and the stock froyo roms will get much better
    08-05-2010 04:07 AM
    I dont see what Root access would have anything to do with the scenario. If you are on a stock rom, the root access should mean absolutley nothing unless I am missing something.
    08-05-2010 08:31 AM
    give it a few days and the stock froyo roms will get much better
    That makes sense (no pun intended), most of the Sense/Froyo ROMs based on the official release are very new and need some time to get the bugs worked out. As anyone who writes code will tell you, no matter how hard you test before releasing code, the masses have a way of breaking stuff that you would never think of. Once these ROMs have been out a few weeks all the problems will fade away as the bugs are squashed. It's the hazard of being an early adopter.
    08-05-2010 08:33 AM
    I am rooted and using this rom and have none of the issues you described.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...oyo-2-2-a.html
    09-16-2010 04:03 AM
    Literally every single thing about the Evo is 10000 x's better when it's rooted with a custom ROM. Whether it's a Sense rom or not
    09-16-2010 04:07 AM
    I've been running stock 2.2 rooted ROM since it was available. I've had pretty impressive battery life, actually, without turning anything off that I care about.
    09-16-2010 09:34 AM
    i think most people forget it has alot to do with apps Im sure too.
    I dont have tons of crazy apps installed and i dont have problems. Occassionally I do have some partial wake locks and its usually around when I install a new app.

I on the regular get about 24hrs of use out of a charge. I pretty much have since I got the phone minus a few brief ocassions.
    I am on a new rom/kernal now and 19hrs and still have like 70% battery left. . . oh yea, this is overclocked too
    09-16-2010 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD