Accidently Answer Calls

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else accidentally answer their phone while trying to take it out of your pocket?

I keep my Evo in my left front pocket and I find that often I answer the phone while trying to take it out of my pocket to see who it is.

I think I'm going to have to start keeping it in my pocket upside down so I don't "slide to answer" when I pull it out of my pocket.

SeattleBrad

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I came to this forum to ask about this very issue and here it is at the top of the list. Happens to me all the time. Big problem, even if I grip the edges.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have done it numerous times while in my pocket, screen faced against my leg... Your more than likely rubbing the phone up against your leg with the screen and it's causing the phone to think your swiping to answer. You can even test this out..... Your pockets are usually made of a thinner material than your pants/shorts.. get a thin piece of cloth and put it over your EVO screen and you can still swipe the screen. Once I had a few accident answers I grip my phone from the edges (while in my pocket) and lift it away from my leg before I pull it out of my pocket and have not had a problem since.. If the screen is against your leg your probably going to answer by mistake....

poolphilter

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me all the time its very annoying!! If you hold your thumb on the screen when you pull it out of your pocket it prevents the slider from moving, but it still answers/rejects calls sometimes. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the "slider" type to a horizontal swipe?

wbdgo

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Self answering

I've had this exact problem for months. Sprint even replaced my phone trying to fix this problem. I also carry my phone with the screen facing in (since it took months for anyone to come out with a holster style case with a belt loop). I installed EASY ANSWER BUTTON a couple of days ago. This might be our savior! Maybe we should let HTC know about this, since I was told "NO ONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM"!

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've finally adjusted to grabbing my phone by the sides, pulling it away from my leg and then out of my pocket.

It's still kind of annoying to have to worry about it though. Although I rarely accidentally answer now.

A horizontal slider to answer would be nice. It's not really the "Sense UI" way though.

Maven454

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else accidentally answer their phone while trying to take it out of your pocket?

I keep my Evo in my left front pocket and I find that often I answer the phone while trying to take it out of my pocket to see who it is.

I think I'm going to have to start keeping it in my pocket upside down so I don't "slide to answer" when I pull it out of my pocket.

I used to carry mine upside down in my pocket. I would accidentally send calls to voice mail when I would pull it out of my pocket. Now I've got the HTC leather holster. Much better :D

jjovanw

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Accidentally answering phone calls in my pocket

Yeah I have the same problem and it sucks. Sometimes, when I hear my phone ring I don't want to answer to everyone under the sun. I switched from the iPhone and when I had it, I never had a problem screening my phone calls. With the iPhone, I believe you had to hold the answer button for at least 1 second before you it answered the call. For the HTC inspire, I found that the "Easy Button" app in the android store seems to help. I just wish there was another app to modify swiper settings.

Last edited:

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was laughing when I read through the posts in this thread.

When I first got this phone, I would find myself yelling to whomever called "Hold on! Give me a second!" because I realized I answered the phone in my pocket.

GooberVox

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Mikey47, Widget Locker takes care of this problem. When your phone rings it will flash the caller info for 2 or 3 seconds then revert back to lock screen.