? about the shortcut to person icons.

laraiza

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice that on Froyo when creating a shortcut to a quick contact icon via Shortcut-Person it now installs a tiny widget of a mini contact card over the contacts photo now. The contacts photo is already small enough and since it now installs a small widget over the picture it is really annoying since it blocks about half the pic. This wasnt the case with eclair and I was hoping someone could advise me on how to disable this small widget covering my picture while still bringing up the "Quick Contact" info I need?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean the little icon on the bottom right that's a phone or text or email? Or the "Quick Contact" icon?

I don't think you can get rid of it (and frankly I wouldn't want to since I have a shortcut set up to call my wife and another to send her a text message, and the differentiates the icons from one another).

I thought it was this way before as well Froyo as well? I can't remember, but thought they were differentiated.

Last edited:

laraiza

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
on eclair it just showed the pic and when u select the person it scrolls another small menu giving you the option to call txt, email and such. it was a two step process with the quick contact setup but it enabled you to get a clear view of the pic of the person you want to call, txt, or email.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
yea, that bothers me as well. so I use " contact widget" from market now. its free and the icon is actually bigger than the default.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

marclile

May 26, 2010
Visit site
on eclair it just showed the pic and when u select the person it scrolls another small menu giving you the option to call txt, email and such. it was a two step process with the quick contact setup but it enabled you to get a clear view of the pic of the person you want to call, txt, or email.

it still does that in 2.2 though doesn't it. i just added a shortcut, picked the person, then on the next screen that came up picked Quick contact.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There is a difference between shortcut... direct dial... and shortcut.... person.

shortcut>person>quick contact is what you're looking for.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah you are confusing the different methods. putting a direct contact icon on your homescreen still brings up the little menu when you click it. but putting a direct dial or direct texxt shortcut jsut puts their pic just like always.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
it still does that in 2.2 though doesn't it. i just added a shortcut, picked the person, then on the next screen that came up picked Quick contact.

There is a difference between shortcut... direct dial... and shortcut.... person.

shortcut>person>quick contact is what you're looking for.

Didn't work on my phone :mad: still got stupid little "thumbnail"! Even quick contact has thumbnail.
I really want to fix this!!!!

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this behavior last night. I can understand the reasoning for the little icon but since it wasn't there from the start, I definitely don't like working this way now.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Contact Widget from the Market works great and it does not put the thumbnail on the icon! It doesn't put the name on it either but better that than that stupid thumbnail, in my opinion!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance