Poll: Hows Your Battery Life with 2.2?

How's your battery life in 2.2?

• Total voters

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
There are several threads about post 2.2 battery life and a lot of varying reports. So lets take a poll:

Is you battery life in 2.2...

Better

Worse

Same

Last edited:

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine is way better after 2.2. I used to drop from 100% to like 93% in less than an hour after taking it off the charger, but after the update I can keep it in the 90's for a couple of hours.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread as well, but after uninstalling Facebook, yesterday my battery life was exceptional. As a matter of fact, at 12 hours I was still over 70%. I forgot to plug my phone in last night and thought I would wake up to a dead battery, but to my surprise, after over 22 hours my battery was still at 50%, with moderate usage.

Happy camper here....

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Moderate usage (for me) would be:

- approx 20-30 minutes of phone talk time
- send/receive 20 texts
- send/receive 10-15 emails
- 30-45 minutes of web browsing
- checking twidroyd about once per hour
- download/install 2 apps
- maybe a youtube video or two (less than 20 min)
- Check the forecast (weather channel app) 1 or 2 times

That would pretty much sum it up for me. Anything more than that would not be a typical day usage. I spend about 75% of the usage time using wifi (home and work), so not much 3G data being used. I do not leave GPS on, and if I use it for navigation I would probably have it plugged into my car charger while in use. WIFI is always on, always-on data is enabled, other sync settings are set for minimal use. I use GMail so my emails are always instant.

This may be what others would consider "light usage", but for me this is a typical day.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
In one of the other battery threads I read that leaving WiFi turned on will actually improve battery life. I remeber the Palm Pre has a similar thing but a few updates later it was better to turn WiFi off. I might leave Wifi on thoughout the day and see how that impacts my overall battery life.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to change the screen time out to 1 minute. I leave it to never shut off when working since I have it plugged in running Pandora. The phone was left on all day, and night, not plugged in, screen on, and I still had about 1/3 battery left.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Not a huge decline but still lower than before which is a letdown.

Moderate to Heavy use (45min - 1.5hrs talk, browsing, Meebo, txt, weather, two email accounts, wifi and some 3G only)

Before update: 16-18hrs average, up to 22hrs lighter use
After update:13-14hrs average, up to 18hrs lighter useto

Last edited:

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Roughly the same. My first charge with 2.2 went for about 55 hours. 50-60 was pretty typical for me on 2.1 (longest charge on 2.1 was 75 hours). Yes, my life is boring and I don't use my phone all that much.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Roughly the same. My first charge with 2.2 went for about 55 hours. 50-60 was pretty typical for me on 2.1 (longest charge on 2.1 was 75 hours). Yes, my life is boring and I don't use my phone all that much.

Wow!! You must have absolutely nothing running and barely touch it.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Love to hear your definition of moderate usage.

After uninstalling Fringe.... it works much better. (HEAVY USER)

You mean Fring right? Fringe is a TV show. lol. But yeah the reason why it works much better is because by default Fring signs you in on the phone's startup. So let say your phone died or you turned it off. When you turn it on, Fring will sign in and you wouldn't even know it until you open the app and don't see any of the logging in screens. I unchecked "Automatic Startup" and don't have that drain anymore. I didn't know this and couldn't even get 8 hours.

Last edited:

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is the same or slightly better. I am a moderate to heavy user. I get 16 to 19 hours per charge. I am on wifi all day most days.

Wife is on 3G at work and her battery typically needs recharging when she gets home.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm a heavy user and before froyo I was averaging just shy of 8 hours and now with the same use I'm closer to ten. No big deal really if it dies I just charge it. I think I could get better battery life but I can't put the thing down lol.