auto brightness

poko2121

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I have an Evo running the OTA update of Froyo. I heard that the power control widget in Froyo should have a brightness setting for auto brightness.

Do you know why its missing on the Evo? Is it just me?

Let me know

Thanks

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
It would be nice, I used to use a widget that I got from the market but got rid of it after the update and just haven't installed it. The only down side was that was not the same size as the stock widget controls.

BigAinCA

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just checked ... it is still there

edit: nvm ... I was looking at the bar version. Did not know he was looking for an individual widget just for that function.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use a widget called Brightness Profiles. It allows you to set custom brightness settings, and enable auto brightness. I don't use automatic brightness because it sets the level far too high.
--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I use a widget called Brightness Profiles. It allows you to set custom brightness settings, and enable auto brightness. I don't use automatic brightness because it sets the level far too high.
--

Then your constantly in a bright room or outside. Cause usually Auto sets it pretty low while indoors.

poko2121

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
no I mean just vanilla froyo power widget. The nexus one has this already is there any way to take the apk from a nexus one and load it on evo?

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Then your constantly in a bright room or outside. Cause usually Auto sets it pretty low while indoors.

False, because even with the lights out auto brightness is set much higher than I set it manually. The point being if the auto brightness feature sets it higher than necessary at any ambient light, it's wasting battery.

--

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
False, because even with the lights out auto brightness is set much higher than I set it manually. The point being if the auto brightness feature sets it higher than necessary at any ambient light, it's wasting battery.

--

I guess i'm just lucky, because with Auto Brightness and moderate use, i'm getting around 18-20hrs of use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800