Chatroulette for EVO?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knows any random chat apps, or sites that can take advantage of the front facing camera such as chatroulette, but chatroulette doesn't work for evo :/
Just wondering, its fun to talk to random people except for when ... Well you know.

And also any good sites/apps for just talking to random people through text and no video feed, omegle works but then the chat doesn't scroll on the evo so you can't see what people are saying after a certain point. :(

Thanks.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knows any random chat apps, or sites that can take advantage of the front facing camera such as chatroulette, but chatroulette doesn't work for evo :/
Just wondering, its fun to talk to random people except for when ... Well you know.

And also any good sites/apps for just talking to random people through text and no video feed, omegle works but then the chat doesn't scroll on the evo so you can't see what people are saying after a certain point. :(

Thanks.

Except for when what...when male chickens fill the sceen!!!:D Not fun! I know that ustream and stickcam viewer works pretty well for watching and chatting. I have yet to see anything but voip progams utilize the front facing camera. There are other apps in the Market if you search "webcam" that will allow you to use your front or rear cameras as a webcam...but you actually chat on your PC. I'm sure it won't be too long now the almighty iPhone has a front facing camera will more and more developers start making apps. Then as you know...we usually get sloppy seconds.

Is it me or does bump seem...uhm...not appropriate for this this forum. Maybe I'm wrong...just doesn't seem to fit...seems pushy and impatient here. Even though I know you waited a significant amount of time for a response...maybe I'm weird.:confused:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It was on the second page is why I bumped ha.

Looks like ill just have to wait and be happy with sloppy seconds as usual.
- thanks.

reelportal

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually developed reelportal.com with the goal of running it on the mobile platform as well. It's based on Flash 10 though. It has public rooms where you can meet stranger(s), or create your own private room to chat with your old friends. You can even download the server & client software to host your own video conference service.

I don't have an EVO to test it with, but would like to get feedback to improve it. It would be cool to connect to any platform that has Flash 10 (Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android, etc).

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

if you wanted to see my wiener then all you needed to do was ask for my qik number...

LOL j/k

im curious about this too

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
lol so i tried chat routlette.

it doesnt utilize the front camera, only the rear?

lol i have never seen so many dudes whacking off in my life.

wtf.

i dont think anyone could hear me either ?

reelportal

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried reelportal also. Sound would not work nor cam engage.

Thanks for trying. After a little digging, I found Flash Player on Android 2.2 doesn't support microphone and camera access. So it looks like I need to figure out how to package it into an AIR application for Android instead.

reelportal

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for trying. After a little digging, I found Flash Player on Android 2.2 doesn't support microphone and camera access. So it looks like I need to figure out how to package it into an AIR application for Android instead.

I have a reelportal.apk file that should run on Air 2.5 for Android 2.2. I am currently looking for beta (or alpha) testers. If interested, please PM me. Thanks.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
lol so i tried chat routlette.

it doesnt utilize the front camera, only the rear?

lol i have never seen so many dudes whacking off in my life.

wtf.

i dont think anyone could hear me either ?

LMFAO... that third line bust me up... that was funny...

How the crap did this thread get revived anyway? lol

roxieerich

Dec 15, 2009
www.myofficephonesystem.com

Thanks.

Well, I don't have an idea as to what chat application can take advantage of a 3G phone with front camera. Try Skype maybe it will work with your EVO.