[Photo] Cracked EVO Screen.

eshug1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone...thought I would share a picture of my cracked evo screen, it just slipped out of my shorts pocket and now is cracked as you can see. The phone is completely functional, and I wanted to see what my options are. Is my only option to bring it in sprint and pay the 100$ for a new phone. Or can I send my phone away to sprint and they will fix the phone for cheaper than 100? Or is there any website you can buy a screen from such as iPhone 3G Replacement Touch Panel, Digitizer Glasstop | DirectFix.com for the iphone? I dont know much about this so any help would be nice! Thank you !

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

eshug1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thanks for that...I am somewhat mechanically savvy, I have taken apart all my phones in the past and even had to make an antenna for my old treo. I am not rooted, but wouldnt I just tell sprint I lost my phone anyway if its gonna be 100 regardless? Thanks for the ebay link but that is 99 $ also I was looking for a cheaper alternative if possible. Also, since the EVO is so out of stock everywhere, would i get stuck waiting for a replacement?

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
With Sprint's insurance the deductible is $100 for user caused damage (with there is no way around on this) or the same deductible for loss.

So the only worry you have with your rooted phone, as far as I know, is warrantable problems, which a cracked screen is not (absent some slew of reported cracked screens in the same place due to some defect.).

So if you have a rooted phone, and are claiming a NON warranted insurance claim are going to lose the $100 anyway, a persons best option is to finish destroying it to the point of it not starting and bring it in, or not bring it in and claim a loss which is the same deductible amount. Their worse option is spending $100 on a replacement screen -- which would also void the warranty as well.

The screens only make sense for phones that are not insured. But even then they will likely void aspects of your warranty

JD76ers

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
eshug,
I dropped mine and cracked the screen 2 weeks after getting the phone. I brought it to a sprint service store and after a heated debate they agreed to attempt to swap out a screen from an evo they happened to have in the back that no longer worked. After about 20 minutes the guy in the back was able to successfully replace the screen and they didn't even charge me. I realize I was extremely lucky that they had a dead evo in the back but maybe you could try that route instead of going through insurance.

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I cracked my screen on Friday, I guess I got lucky (?!) in the sense that there is only one big crack thru the visible screen and the shattered part is over the bottom buttons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1