Anyway to keep contact picture from changing to facebook pic?

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping that the Froyo update would fix this but it has not. Is there anyway to keep the Google picture instead of always changing back to the facebook pic. I have gone in there and changed it to use the Google pic but after a while the facebook contact always comes back.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there's a fairly easy way to change this.

Drill into your particular contact.
Open the contact but do *not* edit the contact.
You'll see their name and the 'linked' icon on the right....
Tap on the grey bar where their name appears over the linked icon..

You'll then see a drop-down arrow next to their picture, tap the picture and you'll get a dialog box asking you to choose a photo (in my case, it gives, google, facebook, phone, gallery, and camera)

Select the pic you want to use, and then DONE.

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That works for changing what picture shows up ... problem is, it will change back on its own (not immediately however) to the facebook picture after you've selected the google picture. I've noticed it doesn't happen to all my contacts that have facebook pics but there are some that will switch back. Don't know what is triggering it.

Last edited:

myxmastrmike

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there's a fairly easy way to change this.

Drill into your particular contact.
Open the contact but do *not* edit the contact.
You'll see their name and the 'linked' icon on the right....
Tap on the grey bar where their name appears over the linked icon..

You'll then see a drop-down arrow next to their picture, tap the picture and you'll get a dialog box asking you to choose a photo (in my case, it gives, google, facebook, phone, gallery, and camera)

Select the pic you want to use, and then DONE.

This no longer works at all... any new way to do this?

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue with one particular contact. Like the OP, I can go into the contact 'links' section and select the Google pic and save it, but within a very short time it switches back to the FB pic (which, in this case, is no pic at all; thus my selection of the Google pic). Unlinking the contact is really not an acceptable option, as it negates the value of being able to link contacts in the first place. If I do that, I am left with multiple entries in my contact list for the same person.

Hoping someone has some new info on this issue...and a solution. :cool:

Thanks!
Mark

myxmastrmike

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue with one particular contact. Like the OP, I can go into the contact 'links' section and select the Google pic and save it, but within a very short time it switches back to the FB pic (which, in this case, is no pic at all; thus my selection of the Google pic). Unlinking the contact is really not an acceptable option, as it negates the value of being able to link contacts in the first place. If I do that, I am left with multiple entries in my contact list for the same person.

Hoping someone has some new info on this issue...and a solution. :cool:

Thanks!
Mark

Same here.. Annoying, but I live with it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781