evo slow since froyo update

chrispudge

May 18, 2010
Visit site
anybody else expierencing their evo slowing down since the froyo rollout? for example when in a text message i hit the back button and it takes a few seconds before it goes back to the message list, also when making phone calls when i hit end it takes a while to go back to the main screen...should i do a hard reset on this?

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
anybody else expierencing their evo slowing down since the froyo rollout? for example when in a text message i hit the back button and it takes a few seconds before it goes back to the message list, also when making phone calls when i hit end it takes a while to go back to the main screen...should i do a hard reset on this?

Are you using the stock SMS application or a 3rd party application? I am using the default SMS application and it is working fine for me. If you are using a 3rd party application it might not be 100% compatible with FroYo.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I have several problems with it, the most troubling is that the "People" function in People, Messages (SMS), and Phone all are extremely slow to the point that they are usually unusable.

I have Froyo Android 2.2 OTA from Sprint (not the early version or a root). I didn't do a factory reset after 2.2. I have removed several apps but that hasn't helped.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
how many messages do you have per contact in messaging, i'm wondering if it has something to do with having hundreds of messages. I don't have any issues and i'm running the sprint ota update but all together i only have: 412 messages.. mine doesn't lag.

chrispudge

May 18, 2010
Visit site
im using the stock message app, some text messages have over 1000 messages in it...i just did a hard reset and the phone is definetly moving a lot faster but most likely because i dont have all those messages anymore...i'll let you know what happens when i get over 1000 again

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I havn't noticed any slow down with Froyo, just the opposite actually. I cap my messaging threads at 200 and havn't noticed anything strange since Froyo. The only thing I don't care for it the new ui for messaging, but it works.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
im using the stock message app, some text messages have over 1000 messages in it...i just did a hard reset and the phone is definetly moving a lot faster but most likely because i dont have all those messages anymore...i'll let you know what happens when i get over 1000 again

I have heard of a few other people having SMS problems because they had a lot of messages in there. I usually never have more than 100 because I delete them all at the end of the day.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same kind of problem.

Please do the following:

People, Menu, View and see which entries you have for Facebook and the number of contacts that Facebook has created. Note that Facebook may appear more than once in the list with a number next to each entry.

For me, 650 Facebook contacts had "synched" into 73,500 EVO "People" contacts (ghosts/duplicates).

So while I suspected something was wrong with Froyo 2.2 or another app...(I removed a lot of apps...no improvement)...finding out that FB had fuct my contacts was the REAL answer. I had to remove the FB accounts and delete the data etc. and start over with FB accounts. Keep an eye on this page: People, Menu, View

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
this is my second evo and i def can say that i see NO difference in speed with froyo unfortunately

i updated my second evo to froyo the minute i left best buy so it was as clean as a whistle, i also hard reset

the browser was faster in smoother in 2.1 as far as i remember (i have plugins on demand btw)

and overall speed is basically the same... kinda disappointing

i hope htc/sprint releases a bugfix update to fix reported bugs and hopefully give us some froyo-like speed like we have seen on the N1 or this is going back for the EPIC