Droid X vs HTC EVO Gaming

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I would say that the DX is a better choice for gaming although the evo is no slouch in my experience. Sure the gpu is less capapble but my stock/capped froyo evo plays NOVA (first person shooter) perfectly to my surprise. Thats the game that had me worried when switching from a palm pre and i have no worries now since gameloft has optimized some of their games for snapdragon thus vastly improving performance. Still DX is better due to its overall better gpu though

jnd3344

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
wel i really want the evo so i guess my ipad shold replace my gaming needs, btw does that mean that the DX is also overall faster for common uses than the evo?

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Get what works for u you i say. The evo plays all the games I have great. Nova, Raging Thunder 2, Skies of Glory, Speed Forge 3D, Doodle Jump , Asphalt, Homerun Battle 3D, Lets Golf, and several emulators.All if which run like a champ. So I say get what makes you happy.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe they used the old PowerVR in the DroidX. You would think Moto would do it right and put the same version that's in the Hummingbird. But oh well. Yeah, the old PowerVR is better than the Adreno, but with some optimization in the code, you can barely tell the difference. Any directly ported over game from the iPhone will look better on the DroidX because the iPhone and DroidX have similar GPUs, so the game already was optimized.

As far as everyday usage, they are both about the same.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't compare the two. What I can say is: Coming from the Pre, I am not disappointed one bit. And I love my Pre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez