unrEVOked forever

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not understand the instruction properly. Do i need to root with unrevoked 3 before doing unrevoked forever ???

below are the first step of the instruction. :confused:

Installation Instructions

To install unrevoked forever on your phone, perform the following steps.

If your phone does not already have a custom recovery, use unrevoked3 to root your phone.
The installation process cannot take place if the phone does not have a custom recovery installed.
Download the most recent ''unrevoked-forever.zip'' to a temporary location on your computer.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The radio baseband version matches my phone after the froyo update. I'm curious to know if it works with the ota froyo.

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
No, you have to have a custom recovery on your phone. The recommend you use unrevoked 3 to root your phone. As it stands, unrevoked 3 does not work on the 2.2 build. You will have to wait.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is not a Root Method for 2.2 OTA just to get that straight for people...

This is a pretty Dangerous Mod if you dont know what it does...

You can seriously Damage your Evo with this...

We already have a thread like this over in the Hack Section Go lurk over there for more info...

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am really glad I didn't upgrade to Froyo yet. I use wireless tether. To me, it's more important to wait...
You can update to froyo and still have wireless tether. Just not the OTA one. There are many custom 2.2 Roms and even 2.2 stock rooted.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you see much of a difference with Froyo worth upgrading?

There are a couple of cool features I have noticed. Nothing seems different as far as my battery goes. Actually some things feel slower. I would have rather stuck it out in 2.1 though for the time and rooted and gone custom rom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21