I just finished reading the list of features included with the Epic 4G. And although I would still prefer my EVO, the Epic has one extremely nice feature that I really wish we had as EVO owners. I'm referring to the Samsung Media Hub, which will give Epic users access to renting or buying videos in HD. I know there are workarounds for getting videos onto the EVO 4G, but there's no denying it would be so much easier, and better quality, to just download directly and have no format issues. This is similar to iTunes I guess, and I really hope that something similar will be available for us EVO users in the future. What do you you think?
    08-12-2010 11:47 AM
    I think Android needs this as a platform. I'm hoping for some type of Zune-like agreement for music and video!
    08-12-2010 11:56 AM
    Exactly. DLNA would be awesome, but I would be willing to accept HDMI. If it is an advertised feature anything on the phone should be able to be played over the HDMI connection (audio from Pandora or the built in music player, as well as Youtube and flash sites such as hulu).
    08-12-2010 11:57 AM
    Exactly. DLNA would be awesome, but I would be willing to accept HDMI. If it is an advertised feature anything on the phone should be able to be played over the HDMI connection (audio from Pandora or the built in music player, as well as Youtube and flash sites such as hulu).
    Wasn't there another software that did the same as DLNA? I saw it somewhere but can't think of it now. HDMI is really pointless on the EVO. It will only do video from your camera player and youtube. Havent tried Pandora yet though. Waste of my $15 for a cable.

But back to the subject...yes this would be a great feature. One reason I bought the phone is so I can watch videos on the big 4.3 screen.
    08-12-2010 12:47 PM
    I saw someone mention imediashare ... not sure if that is what you saw.
    08-12-2010 01:24 PM
    With the way Android is getting bigger and bigger, you would think they would have some integrated platform available for downloading movies/music in high quality. Would be nice to know if it's even on the "agenda".
    08-12-2010 07:24 PM
    Considering I have all Samsung TV's in my house and an 55" LED in the living room the Epic would be neat to have because of the DLNA feature that allows the phone to some what connect to the TV and interact with it... Not 100% sure how it all works but I was reading about it. I am just not a big fan of slide out keyboards to start with and I honestly think HTC makes some of the sweetest phones/hardware in the biz right now...
    08-12-2010 07:42 PM
    I'm really hoping someone will be able to cook this (DLNA) into a rom (hopefully CM)
    08-12-2010 08:34 PM
    I am hoping for netflix, that would be awesome.
    08-12-2010 09:05 PM
    samsung media hub is useless, because obviously it only works on samsung devices. what's the point?
    08-12-2010 09:14 PM
    samsung media hub is useless, because obviously it only works on samsung devices. what's the point?
    It's a way to keep people "Brand Loyal" I guess... Get you with a Samsung TV, Samsung Blu-Ray Player, Samsung surround sound and a Samsung phone.... and then make them all work together....
    08-12-2010 09:50 PM
    Obviously it's just for Samsung devices. I was referencing it for its functionality. It would be nice to have something that was as useful as Media Hub on the Evo.
    08-12-2010 10:34 PM
    I am hoping for netflix, that would be awesome.
    I am waiting for Netflix too, but from what I am seeing online it will be a while.
    08-12-2010 10:48 PM
    This isn't true. Samsung's sharing applications on phones, tv's, blu-ray players, etc. use a very common media sharing standard. DLNA/UPNP.

My friend with the AT&T galaxy phone (is it the captivate?) can share all his music/photos/videos to his PS3.... point is it's a very cool app and I wish I had it, nothing to sneeze at.
    08-13-2010 11:28 AM
    Yearrrgh! Ye pirates dont approve of the DLNA !
    08-13-2010 03:00 PM
    Blockbuster movie downloads is already available on the Droid X, and they're working on other phones. Won't provide DLNA, obviously, but if I want to watch a movie on my TC I have lots of ways to solve that issue. Blockbuster will at least provide the ability to download and watch movies on the Evo. Soon, hopefully.
    08-13-2010 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD