CLEAR BATTERY COVER!

mfeigley

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So over at XDA, a user is trying to produce and sell a clear battery cover that would show off the red innards of the EVO. The case has rails that raise the phone off of the camera and protect the clear back from getting scratched up. There are many that have signed up to buy, but they need quite a few more buyers before the maker can break even. If you are interested the forum link is: [PRE-ORDER] Clear Battery Door - xda-developers
There is a link in that post on where to buy.

EDIT: Price will increase on Wednesday, August 18th, so if you are on the fence, act fast!

Last edited:

mfeigley

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It seems that it'll be cool. But aftert a while it would look like crap from getting scuffed.

It has rails to keep it from getting scratched. Are you trying to be a jerk and discourage people from buying without even educating yourself on the topic? It is pretty clearly stated if you follow the link.

Last edited:

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
he needs about 150+ MORE orders for it to actually get built.

i simply dont see it happening,,
but ill paypal right now for a black one.

mfeigley

May 25, 2010
Visit site
he needs about 150+ MORE orders for it to actually get built.

i simply dont see it happening,,
but ill paypal right now for a black one.

Thanks. I don't see it happening either, but I'm not going down without a fight.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you use the case to keep the camera safe when laying the phone down, this cover has rails built-in to keep the camera safe.

Makes no sense... The camera and it's lens are well protected under the stock back cover. I have had my phone since June 4th... I don't use a case or a screen protector... So far no scratches on the lens cover and the screen is still spotless. If you pay close enough attention with out a case and the phone laying on it's back the plastic lens cover attached to the back of the stock phone back plate does not ever touch any thing. It rest on the metal ring around it.....

and my phone is in and out of my pockets all day and in the car I set it in the cup holder in my center console.....

mfeigley

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Makes no sense... The camera and it's lens are well protected under the stock back cover. I have had my phone since June 4th... I don't use a case or a screen protector... So far no scratches on the lens cover and the screen is still spotless. If you pay close enough attention with out a case and the phone laying on it's back the plastic lens cover attached to the back of the stock phone back plate does not ever touch any thing. It rest on the metal ring around it.....

and my phone is in and out of my pockets all day and in the car I set it in the cup holder in my center console.....

I don't use a case either. The main reason for the rails is to keep the clear cover from being scratched.

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yea.. I wish he went with more standard colors to start like White or Black instead of a Yellow...but it is his project. I would imagine he could sell a ton if he added white or black...

mfeigley

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea.. I wish he went with more standard colors to start like White or Black instead of a Yellow...but it is his project. I would imagine he could sell a ton if he added white or black...

I agree that some more common colors would help sales, but I'm surprised that people aren't as excited as I am about the clear cover.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

????

The lens cover sticks out further than anything else on the back of the phone. The metal ring around it is raised maybe half a mm above the lens cover. I wouldn't call that well protected. On a flat surface, sure, but not all surfaces are flat, smooth and clean.

But I didn't order to protect the lens, I ordered because I think the colors are cool. They'll make my Evo stand out from everyone else's dull, black phones.

mfeigley

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have nothing invested in thee project other than wanting the cover to be made for my phone. I just don't think you have any reason to be posting if you're just going to put down the product without educating yourself on it. The rails will prevent most of the damage, plus using this spare back will keep the original back in mint condition if you ever plan on selling. I just don't see the point of you posting just to put it down for others to read your uneducated comment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae