Connecting EVO to Computer wirelessly

Warrenisit

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Trying to connect my Evo to Windows 7 via bluetooth or any way wirelessly but so far no luck. Do I have to root my phone in order to do this and if not could someone point me to a good walkthrough? Thank you for all your help guys!

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Try ES File Explorer. It has a LAN button that lets you connect to shared drives on your LAN's PCs. I use it all the time to transfer files.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This might not be exactly what your looking for but....

Search "Web Share" in the Android Market or AppBrain.

It's an app that when you set it up and run it it gives you a HTTP: address. Type that into your browser and a webpage page pops up that looks and works like you just hooked up your EVO using a USB a USB cable. Transfer music, pictures and files just like you would using a cable.

Give it a try, there's a free version to.

Warrenisit

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I happened to have "es file explorer" and that didn't give any different result so I'll try your suggestion SouthPhilly. Appreciate the help and I'll let you know what I come up with.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Not a problem m8....

Its a great app, don't know how it works. But it does just what I need it to.

And what I like about it, it works over the internet not a LAN. So you can use it with CPU that's conecred to the internet.

Bodar

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I happened to have "es file explorer" and that didn't give any different result so I'll try your suggestion SouthPhilly. Appreciate the help and I'll let you know what I come up with.

Probably an issue with your network or firewall. Once I got it set up with IP address and credentials, I can see my Win 7 PC shares, no problem. It does work. Thanks BTW, never knew it could do that.

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use ES explorer all the time. Try selecting the LAN tab, menu, then scan for new servers and select your PC

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
If you're looking just to transfer files, I use Dropbox. It works great. I have it on my phone, as well as my work and personal computers. This way, I can put a file into dropbox in the web, and can access it from any computer, even the web.

Don't know how well it would work for music and such. For everyday files, it works great, and it's free up to a certain size. If you recommend people to sign up, they increase your space based on the number of people who sign up. Not a perfect solution, but workable.

Just a thought...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance