All problems on Android fixed simple instructions

What platform did you come from before your android phone?

• Total voters

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
What platform did you have before you were converted to Android?

I have been a cellphone user since the bag phone days late 1989 I have witnessed first hand all the advancements made not just in size but in technology as well. Phones are in another transformation stage to a more robust smart phone.

What was your last platform?
Was it a blackberry, iphone, palm etc.?
Is this your first smart phone?

Give us your opinion on Android and how it compares to your last phone?

Last edited:

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I came from an iPhone and although I'm not a fanboy of any device, I recognize both phone's shortcomings. I wish that the Evo had more seamless email and a better media experience. Other than that, it's a very good phone.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I came from every smartphone out there and I love Android. It's so simple and easy to use. Doesn't get any better than Android.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I came from an iPhone and although I'm not a fanboy of any device, I recognize both phone's shortcomings. I wish that the Evo had more seamless email and a better media experience. Other than that, it's a very good phone.

I get all my email instantly from all my 5 different email accounts.

This is very simple to do.

1. Go to GMAIL online from your computer
2. top right hand corner click "Settings"
3. click "Accounts and Import"
4. set up all your other email accounts
5. on all account select option: Reply from the same address the message was sent to

This works perfect for me. I get all my emails on my main GMAIL account. Email addresses are all separated in there own email box and when you reply the email is sent from the same email address the message was sent to. I am using aol, company email, another gmail account, yahoo etc.. On the phone itself only set up your main GMAIL account that contains all your email addresses. You can set up your email addresses using pop, imap, smtp and exchange options. I get my emails almost instantly on all accounts.

Last edited:

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site

5. on all account select option: Reply from the same address the message was sent to

This works perfect for me. I get all my emails on my main GMAIL account. Email addresses are all separated in there own email box and when you reply the email is sent from the same email address the message was sent to. I am using aol, company email, another gmail account, yahoo etc.. On the phone itself only set up your main GMAIL account that contains all your email addresses. You can set up your email addresses using pop, imap, smtp and exchange options. I get my emails almost instantly on all accounts.

Exactly what I did

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
+1

The ONLY thing I miss is BBM but I can live without it for this device!

I don't miss the out dated blackberry OS and web kit. The blackberry 6 looks promising but its not on a cool blackberry device with Sprint. So I got the EVO. I am extremely happy. A couple of hiccups on the Android but not a big deal. Still very happy. :D

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Until RIM pulls themselves up from their boot straps and steps out of the mid 90's then I see problems in their future. A great email device just isn't a major selling point anymore.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Agreed.... I came from the iPhone and my first Android was the Nexus One and because of T-Mobile and no desire to return to AT&T I switched to the EVO. I like Android so far it does every thing I ask it to do. E-Mail (gmail and AOL) work with out a problem for me. I have had little issues with e-mail. Surfing the web is great and the ability to switch things out (I flat out love Swype for a virtual keyboard) is awesome.I also love the ability to use programs or Apps that are not approved by Google (Apple like)

The iPhone and their iTunes/iPod intergration into the phone is great. It's the best out there right now. Maybe the rumored Google iTunes like store and a newer media player/platform will improve on this but Apple has this down pat. My dad owns a recording studio and he has nothing but Apple computers for video and audio recording but he has a PC for every day computing.

Apple is just great at some things.. The bad part is "Control" is one of the things Apple is great at....

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm glad that works for you, except that I didn't say I had an issue getting emails on time. Email integration on the iPhone is better hands down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34