Help, Can't Install Apps from Market

kgbdk

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I looked up the forums and did a hard reset, not realizing that it would wipe my phone. I was trying to fix some minor problems after updating to Froyo 2.2. Since the hard reset, I've had a ton of problems. I can't install apps from the market anymore. Even something as simple as Yelp, it will say it's downloading and then fail. This is all incredibly frustrating.

Does anyone have a solution? I need instructions too please, not just one word answers as I've seen since I'm new at this. My videos and photos seem to get corrupted too every time I turn the phone off and on.

And is there any way to get 720p h264 video?

Thanks in advance...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What kind of problems were you having before you did the wipe? I don't see why you would be having problems as long as you signed back in to all of your accounts when you turned the phone back on afterwards.

If you could provide a little more information it would probably help with diagnosing your problems.

FYI, the only problems I've had with downloading apps is when I've been trying to download more than one at a time.

kgbdk

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
What kind of problems were you having before you did the wipe? I don't see why you would be having problems as long as you signed back in to all of your accounts when you turned the phone back on afterwards.

If you could provide a little more information it would probably help with diagnosing your problems.

FYI, the only problems I've had with downloading apps is when I've been trying to download more than one at a time.

Before the wipe, I was having issues with the videos becoming corrupted and I wasn't able to play back AVI files in Rock Player, though I know that's more of an issue with the OS.

After two hard resets, my phone is not letting me download and install ANY market apps. It says "Download Failed" after I see the icon in the upper left corner briefly. That's the main problem now. I also can't import my ringtones in using RingDroid. It says the file can't be read, where it worked fine before the 2.2 update. I have a feeling that things were fine with my phone before the hard reset, it was more of an issue with 2.2. Now I'm having a lot of problems in general.

Last edited:

kgbdk

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've done some troubleshooting and here's what I found out.

I recently bought a 32GB micro SDHC card from Ebay for 30 dollars from Hong Kong. It was working beautifully for a couple weeks but after the hard reset I couldn't install apps from the Market. I switched back to the stock 8GB card and now everything is installing again properly. I guess I have to bite the bullet and pay the $120 for the Sandisk model.

Lesson learned the hard way. Let's see if my movie files play back properly in Rock Player now. Looks like the AVI files are working again. Now it's time to get my Evo back to its former glory. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome