I was looking through some ADW Launcher themes and noticed most of the preview pictures showed a dark google search bar.

When I load the theme, I still get the same old light colored search bar.

I know the HTC one is black but I don't use sense. Is there another on the market or what?
    08-15-2010 05:38 PM
    pretty sure that that is the HTC google search bar. Almost positive but they got rid of it with Froyo on my EVO.
    08-16-2010 07:24 AM
    Why even use it? It's redundant with the Search button on the device.
    08-16-2010 08:28 AM
    Why even use it? It's redundant with the Search button on the device.
    hahah, what the heck. i didn't even notice that. thanks. i had the widget on my screen since i bought it for no reason.
    (whenever i pressed the magnifying glass button, i would quickly press the back button, so i never noticed.)
    08-16-2010 11:15 AM
    hahah, what the heck. i didn't even notice that. thanks. i had the widget on my screen since i bought it for no reason.
    (whenever i pressed the magnifying glass button, i would quickly press the back button, so i never noticed.)
    Yep. And you can hold the search button to due a voice search as well, just like the widget.
    08-16-2010 11:22 AM
    ....unless you're using a tablet that doesn't have a search button...

So, how can I change the skin on the Google Search Widget?

Dave
    Using a Dell Streak 7"
    07-14-2011 09:00 PM
    I've had my Evo 4G for over a year and have never once used the search button. I added a Google search widget on one of my homescreens.

You learn something new every day.
    07-15-2011 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD