Going naked with my EVO!

DannRathers

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I am not a fan of cases..why make the phone larger then it is. I carry mine in my pocket 24/7 since release date and its fine. No screen protector..although I did do the carbon fiber skin on the back and a screen protector for the camera lens...but nothing around it.

doxed#AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking more and more I want to take the gel skin that I picked up off. It feels so different without it and doesn't get stuck in my pocket when I pull it out. I have a screen protector though, I don't know if I could ever handle not having one on the phone.

I saw a few posted that there was a week wait with Asurion. I put a claim in Saturday and had my replacement Evo (black) by that Wednesday. This was a few weeks ago and Sprint paid half my deductible as well (long story).

scrubcst

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather be safe than sorry. I got the seidio hev 4 case. Doesn't make the phone too big. So it doesn't bother me as long as I can take it out of my pocket with ease.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the one piece snap on case from Sprint, with the faux white leather on the back. It works pretty well, and doesn't add a ton of bulk. My is broken on the bottom corner, so I ordered a case from DayDeal

Flexi Skin Cover for HTC EVO 4G, Argyle Clear - HTC EVO 4G Skin Covers

It looks pretty neat. I like having some kind of case, because i like the looks of it. This new cover from Daydeal should be arriving this week. We'll see what it's like...

Gimik

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just can't do it. I love it without the case, but I've already dropped it once and the case totally saved me. I'd much rather have a tougher, slightly larger phone.

aewatsonsr77

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a Zagg invisible shield on the front and I use a Seido Inocase holster. A beautiful piece of electronic goodness such as the Evo should never be hidden from all to see and admire! ;)

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I just can't do it. I love it without the case, but I've already dropped it once and the case totally saved me. I'd much rather have a tougher, slightly larger phone.

I've dropped mine 3 times already and don't use a case. Still works like a horse with no scratches or dents.

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I want so bad too keep mine naked, but I messed up and dropped mine the first week I had the phone and gave it a ding on it's side. I haven't been able to go without a case since, even though I think it destroys the beauty of my phone.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I think that I am finally going to go naked with my EVO. Everytime I go to BestBuy and see the Evo that they have on display, I marvel how good it feels without a case. I already have insurance on it through BestBuy with no deductible. I'm a little nervous about it, but I am wondering why I am spending so much money on protecting my phone when I also have insurance. It should probably be one or the other.

My biggest problem about going naked with the EVO is no pockets.

But I don't use a case for the phone, either. :p

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I was showing off the gesture search flip out function, and the Evo flew outta my hand onto a desk and skittered across. Battery cover flew off and the battery landed behind a desk. Thankfully, zero damage.

Needless to say, I turned off the flip out feature.

I know, COOL STORY BRO!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
it's all fun and games until you drop your EVO. i hated cases and for years never used them - but i actually prefer my EVO with the Seidio Active X Exoskeleton Limited Edition.

njschad

May 19, 2010
Visit site
been naked since june 4th, i contemplated buying a case the day of but the nagging i was already getting from the bigger half of my marriage about the 200 dollars i was already spending kept me from making the leap, proud to say i am now over 2 months in and havent seen a scratch on my screen or any where else for that matter from normal use i did drop it once, always keep it in my right pocket and ive freaked out when i found i dropped my keys or change in there but one day i was riding passenger in a friends car and i opened the door and heard my phone hit the ground, i had to fight back tears, but i picked it up and saw a small scratch that amounted to next to nothing and went on about my night.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think that I am finally going to go naked with my EVO. Everytime I go to BestBuy and see the Evo that they have on display, I marvel how good it feels without a case. I already have insurance on it through BestBuy with no deductible. I'm a little nervous about it, but I am wondering why I am spending so much money on protecting my phone when I also have insurance. It should probably be one or the other.

I finally went Naked with my EVO after about a month. I never had a case on it to start with.. Just the Zagg full body shield and eventually I pulled that off (including the screen protector) and I am 100% happy with that decision. So far after about 6 weeks completely naked no scratches on the screen and just a few minor dings on the corners/edges from going in and out of my pocket.

It's always been odd that we put cases on our phones.... MFG's spend millions of dollars to design a phone that looks and feels great in the hand and then we go out and cover that all up to keep it from getting scratched and then you can't even see the freaking phone...

Naked is a much better look and feel (IMO) but you do assume certain risk when you do it... Dropping your phone could be a major problem (Specially if you don't have insurance like I don't) and the fact getting a replacement even if you can afford to throw another $500 at getting one is a pain in the @$$ right now.....

Good luck man...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine 3 times already and don't use a case. Still works like a horse with no scratches or dents.

I have dropped mine twice but neither time was a high drop and neither time did it hit any thing rough... Once it was in my lap on the couch and it went from my lap to the floor... Hardwood floors but no damage.... The other time it was sitting on the arm rest of my couch and the dog jumped up and knocked it to the same hardwood floors... Again must have just been the way it hit but again no visible damage and it still works like a champ... Naked both times.... Not so sure how that would work if it hit the concrete in my drive way or the black top in a parking lot but so far so good....

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Now I am curious to see how long I can keep my phone naked without getting any scratches or dings. If the damage is next to nothing by next year when I upgrade, I just may not buy another skin for my device ever. I hope that my EVO holds up.