Going naked with my EVO!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that I am finally going to go naked with my EVO. Everytime I go to BestBuy and see the Evo that they have on display, I marvel how good it feels without a case. I already have insurance on it through BestBuy with no deductible. I'm a little nervous about it, but I am wondering why I am spending so much money on protecting my phone when I also have insurance. It should probably be one or the other.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the sound of that. But I think that I will be ok. I haven't broken a phone yet. I hope I didn't just being bad luck to myself by saying that. Lol. It will be ok.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Is that definitive though? That a loaner phone is provided?

Back when my wife's EVO got wet, I contemplated doing up there and filing a claim for a replacement. That was until my wife's EVO came back to life. When I'd talked to Best Buy, they asked me if I had another Sprint phone available to use in the meantime and that if I didn't, I'd be SOL without a phone for at the very least two weeks.

GGotti

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been going without a case on mine for about two weeks now and its been great. I dislike most cases out right now because they make it seem too big.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
what about minor dings and dents and scratches? Sure you are covered for major things, but you could get a lot of these little things and no be able to make a claim?

FYI - Mine is still naked now for 2 months as I as well have not been able to find a case.

vteclipsegs

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
BB offers loaners on a case by case basis and it usually requires a $100-200 dollar hold charge on your credit card. Short answer is, as of now if you break your EVO be prepared to be without it for about a month be it through Asurion or BB.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been naked pretty much since June 4th... won't even put a screen protector on it. I picked up a white evo from best buy on the 7th of July...and same thing. I have the case..and some screen protectors, but nothing feels as good as the phone naked.

I'm actually carrying insurance from best but and sprint... although im not sure why. LOL

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been naked since I purchased this phone about 2months now. I do use a screen protector, cause I'd be crushed if my screen got scratched!

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I really, really want to use mine without a case. But it's too easy to ding up the phone. I already got a small nick in it before I got the HTC case. Maybe I care too much but I don't want it falling to pieces. Unlike the Pre I intend to keep the EVO for a while.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My Evo has been naked since day one. My only protection is a belt clip case instead of putting it in my pocket. Haven't used so much as a screen protector since the Mogul, which was 3 phones ago.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I want to carry around my EVO without a case so bad but can't do it because of the potential for dust to get between the gap around the screen. There are already several posts on this forum from users that got considerable amount of dust under the screen.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had a couple of phones that went swimming. I just learn to keep it away from water. I also keep it my case when not in use. I love my Evo naked.