OK guys... I am not sure if my EVO is defective but I got a problem with screen dimming during the timeout but not coming back to normal brightness after i touch it to perfrom any actions - it just stays dimmed. i can bring back brightness by covering the light sensor with my finger and release, but i didn't notice this before. Anyone else can replicate this?

Now about g-mail... Apparently, if we are using dedicated g-mail app, we can send any other attachments but pictures. It certainly sucks considering how tightly Goggle is integrated on all Android phones. Anyone knows if there is anything in the works to make it better?

I am new to Android and love my phone but those little things are very frustrating
    08-16-2010 10:29 AM
    Now about g-mail... Apparently, if we are using dedicated g-mail app, we can send any other attachments but pictures. It certainly sucks considering how tightly Goggle is integrated on all Android phones. Anyone knows if there is anything in the works to make it better?
    Gmail will allow you to send any type of attachment, JPEG, text, pdf, etc. At least in 2.2 it does. When i select attach it open a window to select gallery or astro file manager (where the SD card repository is).
    08-16-2010 10:35 AM
    Running 2.2... It only opens my gallery and lets me to select any picture I want but that's about it. I can't send MP3 or video. However, it's only when I use native g-mail. If I add g-mail account to my standard list of mail accounts, I am no longer limited to jpeg files - everything works... kinda strange, is it not?
    08-17-2010 06:57 AM
    Running 2.2... It only opens my gallery and lets me to select any picture I want but that's about it. I can't send MP3 or video. However, it's only when I use native g-mail. If I add g-mail account to my standard list of mail accounts, I am no longer limited to jpeg files - everything works... kinda strange, is it not?
    This is true, but if you use ES File Explorer you can work around this issue by doing things in reverse...

Instead of going into the GMail app and starting a message, if you know that you are going to need to attach something other than a photo, open File Explorer, find your file, and long-press it. Choose Send. Then choose GMail. GMail will then open a new message with your attachment.
    Alik R likes this.
    08-17-2010 07:12 AM
    Thank you guys, I appreciate your help. But I see no replies on screen dimming issue... Any takers?
    08-17-2010 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD