should i get my phone replaced?

alextrox69

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My screen has two white patches on it...like bright patches that can be seen very clearly on a white or black page..for exampe google.com the show brightly on the bottom of the screen..other than that my phone is flawless...my question is...do the send you a new phone or a referbished phone? And do you have to pay any kind of deductable..for the palm pre it was free to trade it in all the time because it was a pos phone..but what about tgis phone..im not down to spend 50 or 100 for this small problem but if its going to get ke a new phone ill consider it..i dont want a referb

alextrox69

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
What you said is true..but my luck os i get really scratched up refurbs..all my pres were junk..idk ..so if i get a referb is it free? I pay everymonth for insurence is there any deductable.?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you're just seeing the backlight. It will show bright spots (LEDs) at the bottom of the screen down by the capacitive buttons when viewing a light page in a low-lit environment.

If that is the case it's normal and pretty much any Evo will show this.

alextrox69

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
No its near the middle of the screen...apperently alot of people have this problem with hardware version .002..... and i got mine on launch and it didnt for untill a few weeks ago...

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
if its a MANUFACTURING PROBLEM then they will replace within a year! as long as you didnt cause it there should be no deductible

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have it too, if you pull up the keyboard its right where the letter B is. It seems to get brighter the longer the phone is on.

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged mine for that exact reason and some dead pixels. No deductible as it is a manufacturer warranty exchange. However, you will get a refurb. This is my 4th one due to defects and it is by far the best of first three. No light leakage or bleed, no white spots or dead pixels, no screen lifting etc. Just remember to take your SD card out before you exchange because refurbs don't come with them.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ill think about it....this is my evo from launch day and besides the minor screen problem it works flawlessly

I am in the exact same boat as you.

It's just a bright spot in the lower middle of the screen, I don't really notice it unless the background is bright, just like you said.

I am big in to the stock android experience and have totally rooted my phone, this is also the phone I got on 6/4 at about 6:10 AM. I'm kind of just looking over it like it's no big deal... If it gets worse I still have until 6/4/11 to exchange it for a refurb, as of now I'm sticking with it.. I think.

This is my evo. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My evo is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My evo, without me, is useless. Without my evo, I am useless. I must use my evo true. I must download faster than an iphone user who is trying to piss me off.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance