Everyone has an Evo now! (Not stores FYI)

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
In a matter of 2 day I've seen 5 Evos besides mine! They're popping up everywhere! I saw 2 of my friends I met up with at the bar had them, a co worker just got his yesterday (btw which comes with 2.2 preinstalled now) and 2 more at my local Lifetime. Good to know that people are liking it and that they are becoming available now too. Any one else spot any around them?

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I work at an Autozone in Northwest Indiana. And I see at least 5 a day. Actually its about the same for Iphones there now too, maybe even less. But in my area you can't throw a rock without hitting a sprint store. There are about 8(at least) within 10 miles of my house.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Really? The only person I saw that had an Evo was my friend, but I had convinced him to get it. I have literally seen NO Android phones in the LA area except for one Droid. Anywhere I go, it's all iPhones.

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Really? The only person I saw that had an Evo was my friend, but I had convinced him to get it. I have literally seen NO Android phones in the LA area except for one Droid. Anywhere I go, it's all iPhones.

The cult of Apple is strong in LA. I'd expect the same in San Fran and New York City...

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The cult of Apple is strong in LA. I'd expect the same in San Fran and New York City...

Yeah, good point there. My favorite part was going to an Apple store the day after the iPhone 4 launch and whipping out my Evo and making sure everyone saw it. Unfortunately, it did not detect any geeks in the area, so nobody even glanced once :(

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Chicago and I haven't hat a Evo sighting yet but I'm going to start paying more attention. Come to think of it I'm the only person I know personally with one!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Chicago and I haven't hat a Evo sighting yet but I'm going to start paying more attention. Come to think of it I'm the only person I know personally with one!

Really? I've seen them all over fairly regularly in Chi-town. The brief discussion the first week or so was whether or not anyone could deal with the 6 - 8 hour battery life which has since been resolved. I even saw a few while out in Vegas last week.

I know that there are 6 or 7 of them in my friend circle that have one, plus another half dozen friends who want one but haven't been able to get one due to the supply issue. :(

Heh, I dunno. Maybe I frequent Evo-centric places or something, lol.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I saw a guy with one on the train in Manhattan yesterday and I meet a guy at my job with one. I also meet a lady in manhattan with one. Other than that I don't see too many of them.

GGotti

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've only seen two people with an Evo and one of return is a friend we got it together at launch. I know a few other people that wants it but cannot get a hold of one.

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Also I was at a bar when I met my current bf, and he has an EVO. At the same bar on the dance floor I saw another EVO.

They are everywhere!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm in nyc and I've only ever saw one on a queens bound N train, other than the ones my g/f and I had.

Sprint should get some street teams in place to start approaching people playing with their iphones on the train.

asandor

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
3 of us at work have the EVO, owner of the company is considering getting one also. Saw someone at a fast food joint yesterday with one.

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Same here, all iphones. It's especially ridiculous in the entertainment business. I'm the only guy with an android except one of the lawyers and accountants and haven't seen one EVO 4g in L.A. yet.

Last edited:

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Besides mine, two of my budidies have an evo, one coworker wants to get one and i have seen like 5 in the wild since it launched

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been seeing not only Evo's but Android phones in general all over the place. On my way to visit some family in Manhattan (Harlem), I saw about 4 or 5 Evos. When I went to the movies over the weekend here in Jersey, I counted 12 Android phones while waiting for the previews to start.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante