few questins before i jump ship from the Pre

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
if anyone with an evo can answer these questions before i jump ship i would appriciate it:
1. is there a way or app that lets you view several email accounts (pop and exchange) in one page/location?
2. same as above for calendar?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There is no trial for current customers. If you buy it and return it then you will pay a $35.00 restocking fee.

richardschris

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
There is no trial for current customers. If you buy it and return it then you will pay a $35.00 restocking fee.

That's why you never ever buy from a sprint store buy it from radio shack no stupid mail in rebate and no restocking fees and you still have the 30 day trial even if your an existing customer.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: few questins before i jump ship from the pres

That's why you never ever buy from a sprint store buy it from radio shack no stupid mail in rebate and no restocking fees and you still have the 30 day trial even if your an existing customer.

Agreed...NEVER buy directly from Sprint. Got mine from Best Buy.

I believe once you get one, you wont want to go back.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Jesus, you're relentless.

Besides, going from a Pre to the Evo, there's little chance that anyone is going to pay a restocking fee, if you catch my drift.

Last edited:

longbow

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I moved form Pre to Evo and don't regret it. One of the posters said there is a way to view all your emails on one page - I haven't found it and missed that feature when i first switched. Now...love my Evo! Kept my Pre around for a few weeks and just sold it on eBay. I'm hooked on android.

joems

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If you side load the stock android 2.2 mail app and use it for all your accounts you will have the features you are looking for. I found the application on xda developers site. However I prefer the htc mail app over the stock android 2.2 mail app.

Jfscars48

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
First of all if you can't afford a restocking fee I suggest you get a prepaid. Phone at a convenience store. Now the EVO. I dumped my Pre and for about 24 hours thought I might go back. After 1 hour in he SPRINTstore with a tech person I was one happy boy. This EVO beats the heck out of the Pre. Are there some things it won't do? A few but compared to EVO Pre is an imposter..

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I had a pre... Never will it overthrow the evo... Only thing I wish I could steal is the notifications... Other then that I love my widgets and miss nothing else.. lol

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did the Pre to EVO move and every time I encounter someone with a Pre, I show them the EVO and tell them to join the Droid Army.

lvdata

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
The Evo is a BIG upgrade from the Pre. I went from Touch Pro (Windows Mobile sucks) to the pre to the EVO. The Pre is much more reliable, but kinda of a small screen. The EVO is the best phone I have had, and much more reliable then my WM. I tend to use the onscreen keyboard so a hardware keyboard is not much of a loss for me. I do a lot of reading, and my EVO is great for that. For me the screen sold it, and the 1ghz android is icing on the cake. No missed calls with out notification like on WM. Stable, and after breaking in the battery, I get good life as long as I do the take it off the charger for 10 min, and then top it off in the morning, that is the only problem I have found.

gotthelife4u

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got my EVO and I am coming from a Pre. All I can say is don't let the door hit you on the way out. Get the EVO and embrace the android.

jonsigler

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Good Bye

Ditch the Pre it sucks compared to the Evo.

The Pre's name should even say what to do, "Pre" as in "before", think of your "Pre" time as the time "before" you got the greatest phone you have had so far.

The Pre screen is like looking at a pin head instead of a big screen TV. The app catalog on Android is far greater. Who cares about the keyboard, I thought that was so important. There are loads of great keyboards you can use on the Evo which you can type faster and better.

I love my Evo, you will love yours as well.

Restocking, or returning will not cross your mind once you get your hands on one. Pledging your love, and having to enter a 12 step program due to additiction could occur.

jamesrshaffer3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I came from a year of the palm pre, and the evo is simply the best phone I have ever used and seen.. It is by the way extremely different OS than WebOs, but after you get use to it, it is awesome!!! I have messed around with the Iphone 4 as well and no other phones can touch this one... you should jump ship now, before you have to hear about us talking about the htc evo 2...LOL next year!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678