Missing Facebook Contacts Links

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Something weird is going on. For some reason, I am unable to link certain friends' contact information with Facebook (Sense). I'd say 95% of my contacts are syncing fine where their information and pictures are updated through their Facebook profiles. However, I noticed that about 5 of them aren't listed on the Facebook link search list: even though they're on my Facebook app friend list.

What could it be? Is there a setting in Facebook that doesn't allow this information to be synced to people's phones?! Only thing I figured it could be.

Thanks in advance...

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I heard from xda-developers that it is probably due to a security (privacy) setting those users have put on their profile. Apparently, there's a security option that prevents information from syncing to third-party applications such as HTC Sense.

Can anyone confirm this?!

Shootin4aces

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
lets bump this back up

I am having the same issue with my phone and it is pissing me off!!!

I have my facebook profile set to the maximium security settings and my friends evo can sink my facebook to his!! whats wrong with this and what is the deal???? has anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

Shootin4aces

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
kinda a fix, but not quite what i ment either..... that added all my facebook contacts to my people list, people without #'s who i don't really need in my phone. I was referring to linking people already in my contact list to people i already had on facebook that were not showing up to be linked automatically or manually when i searched my facebook friends list to be linked through htc sense even though i have them in my facebook....... is this what you were referring to akarol????

ktrent

May 25, 2010
Visit site
guys your are not alone. same issue here. 2 friends exactly missing on htc sense. i have done all the obvious things to do with no success. even removed and readded the friends from facebook its self. i have searched for hours for a fix. my next step is to email htc but my guess that would be a waste of time. i know a lot of people say 2 contacts, big deal, but one of wich is my wife and i hate that it want update her icon pic and other stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995