Police Chase caught on my Evo...

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
What a crazy day... There's a LONG skyway, over 3.5 miles in Northeast Jersey that goes over three cities called the Pulaski Skyway.. Well right before I got on the skyway there was a long precession of motorcycles, a few hundred actually. Police blocked off some sections before the Pulaski Skyway to make sure the bikes would get on with no issues. So after a few minutes they let cars go and I proceeded to go on the Pulaski. Well about half way on the Skyway I noticed traffic goes to a standstill. About a minute later I hear police cars behind me. I immediately think it's the cop cars that blocked off the skyway earlier and are now trying to catch up with the bikes.. So naturally I move over to the left. Literally no more than 3 seconds after I moved over I look at the rear view mirror and see police lights, then I quickly look to the side view mirror and what do I see... A car PLOWING through other cars trying to squeeze through then passes right by me. Had I been 3-5 seconds late in moving to the left, I definitely would have gotten rammed. When the cops drove by all I could smell was burnt oil and burnt trans from the poor police cars. As soon as he passed me I grab my phone and start recording.

(Warning, some bad language)
YouTube - Police Chase on the Pulaski Skyway in Jersey City

After about 5 minutes traffic SLOWLY starts to move. I was able to see further down that Jersey City police had blocked off that section and apprehended the dude. I took a few video's of the cars that got rammed. Most weren't too bad but a few were pretty trashed. There was a total of 9 cars in front of me that were hit. I can't imagine how many were hit behind me considering I was about a 1- 1 1/2 miles into the skyway already. And keep in mind, he was being chased by Elizabeth Police, which is 10 miles away from Jersey City...

YouTube - Aftermath of car chase
This video is kind of funny.. The SUV in the was hit really hard. It bent the axle pretty bad and a few other parts.. The owner is pretty pissed of course.. Until he sees me recording him holding an Evo with my Evo! Despite his truck being messed up as soon as he noticved I was recording with an Evo he smiles and waives lol. See how much happiness the Evo brings to people!!
YouTube - Aftermath of Police Chase 2
YouTube - Aftermath of Police Chase 3
The bastard was caught..
YouTube - The guy caught after the police chase
(Pic quality is meh cuz it was taken at full zoom while driving)
IMAG0598.jpg

It was a crazy experience. Something I'll never forget, especially the image of that car plowing through cars and coming within inches of mine as it passed by. Thank god i was ok and nothing happened. Cuz that would have seriously SUCKED!!!

Last edited:

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
That is too crazy, though being from North Jersey myself, unfortunately, its not much of a surprise.

I would caution the OP though -- I once posted similar videos where it was obvious that I was driving and taking videos at the same time and it was strongly suggested to me by someone in authority that it may be illegal to do that. I never investigated the laws, so I'm not sure, but I'm just throwing it out there that it might not be safe to try and navigate traffic and shoot video at the same time.

Then again, plenty of cops saw you doing it, so they apparently didn't care. ;)

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ya it was a WILD experience man. Crazy is the only word I can use. I thought I would only see something like that in the movies lol. I was looking for Bruce Willis for a second there! LOL.... There was a crazy car chase a few hours earlier not too far from Leonia to North Bergen. Car slammed into a building. My girl thought it was a bad idea too to record but I figured it's Jersey City... Cops have bigger things to worry about lol.

I used the default settings with the flicker adjustment to 60hz. I called the Star Ledger because it wasn't in the news anywhere. He's gonna follow up with it. I told him to make sure he tells them it was taken on an Evo lol... Btw, am I the only one that thinks its kind of funny that despite the dudes truck being smashed up, the fact that we both had Evo's was enough for him to smile!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
hmm fine fine

but what the hell happend to your dashboard, it looks like a Dalmatiner or a cow, all black and white :p

That's the result of my girls dad ricer her car out (we were in her car) and about 3 years of Arizona sun beaming on the paint lol... Before my surgery i was going to junkyards getting stock parts little by little. Once I'm more mobile then I'm gonna get the rest and swap it out. It's horrid.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
What's with the cursing in just about every sentence, "YO"? Is that they way you two normally talk or just reserved for special occasions??? Just curious. Nice video quality.... have to admit I haven't taken much video with my Evo yet.

Last edited:

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Btw, am I the only one that thinks its kind of funny that despite the dudes truck being smashed up, the fact that we both had Evo's was enough for him to smile!

No, I thought that was great. It would be even funnier if he posts something about his expierience and seeing you recording this chase with your evo.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
What's with the cursing in just about every sentence, "YO"? Is that they way you two normally talk or just reserved for special occasions??? Just curious. Nice video quality.... have to admit I haven't taken much video with my Evo yet.

didn't you ever watch the Sopranos or Jersey Shore, hillbilly?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
didn't you ever watch the Sopranos or Jersey Shore, hillbilly?

I live in a city of nearly 2 million people. I am not a "hillbilly". So you think that all urban people do or should curse constantly to emulate fictional TV shows?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't really curse much nor do I say "yo" that often either. It's usually reserved for the random wtf events like a guy in a stolen car ramming through cars being chased by god knows how many cops and nearly taking my girlfriends car out in the process.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It cracks me up that some guy just stood there and said "i have an evo too" hahahaha. That's great stuff. That was my favorite part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy