Does anyone know how to use an mp3 for voicemail?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded that app for the funny old spice guy commercial and you can make a voicemail mp3. I just wanted to know is there a way to upload a mp3 file into the voice mail with sprint?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but I meant use an mp3 as my voicemail greeting, could you explain the steps to do that if possible?

Have you recorded a voicemail greeting in your own voice when you set up your voicemail? If so, you simply follow the same procedure and when prompted to record your greeting play your MP3 so that the phone can hear it.

There is no facility for uploading an MP3 to Sprint's voicemail servers. You'll have to play the MP3 as if you were talking to your phone during voicemail setup in order to record the greeting (then press # when finished).

P.S. Personally, I find such greetings very annoying, but to each his/her own.

LimeyDi

May 4, 2012
Visit site
even more annoying, Wayne, imho is the crap quality of an .mp3 played into the phone's mike. The question from hawaiijedi and from me is how to TRANSFER an .mp3 file DIRECTLY to the phone for use as the "recorded voice greeting" so that the .mps3 sound quality is preserved. I am told there IS a way but have yet to find it ...

LorenScott

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Exaaaactly!

I feel that the quality of the outgoing VM message on my phone, as recorded through the phone's built-in mic sucks. Since I have studio-quality recording equipment in my house (from recording audio book narration and musical vocal recordings), I'd like to just record a nice high-quility normal outgoing message with that, save it as an MP3, and have my phone use that.

And, I get that, in my case, the outbound message ultimately comes from Verizon's server, not from my phone itself (since the OB message still works when my phone is off or dead). But... HOW do I get this MP3 where it needs to be? And, playing it out of a speaker and recording that with the little mic in my phone is not acceptable and defeats the whole purpose.

Still searching for a solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1