Is there a good TaskOS replacement?

mightylos8

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Before Froyo, I used TaskOS as my task killer. Personally, it didn't affect my battery all that much, and I really did like the set up: you hold down the search button, TaskOS pops up, and you simply drag the icon of the app you want to kill upwards. So simple, so clean!

I have looked at quite a few other possibilities, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that out in the Market. Does anyone know of a proper alternative that has the same functions (ability to see apps open as icons, and simply dragging the icon to remove)?

I have looked in the forums, and a lot of people are mentioning that after Froyo, app killing is disabled. So, I think I am looking at a long shot here. Since it doesn't hurt to ask, I'm throwing this out there!

Thanks in advance!

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Its not really a task killer, but I threw out a thread about Visual Task Switcher. One of the better switchers I've tried on the Evo. Probably the best. Didn't get any attention, but the thread is here. Definately worth trying the free version.

mightylos8

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Its not really a task killer, but I threw out a thread about Visual Task Switcher. One of the better switchers I've tried on the Evo. Probably the best. Didn't get any attention, but the thread is here. Definately worth trying the free version.
Thanks for the info! I actually did see that thread, and the app looks great! I just wasn't sure what kind of task killing capabilities it has. If there is any task killing capabilities, would you be able to explain how it works?

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz