HDMI cable can you receive audio?

TLCreations

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I just purchase the HDMI cable for my HTC EVO and assume it would have audio output with the video, it didn?t then I hook up the headphone jack on the EVO to a external speaker no audio came on, it actuality plays the video on the TV and cuts off the audio, when would disconnect the HDMI cable then the audio would play on the external speaker. Is there a way to receive video and audio, if not please let me know and I will return the cable; I do not see the reason for mute video. Please advise.
Thank you

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 all hdmi cables carry audio. my videos have audio through my evo to my samsung c6500. if you use surround, make sure you don't have the tv's speaker turned off. i had forgotten that i'd selected "external speaker" on my samsung. once i turned the speaker on bingo!..otherwise swap the cable out it may be defective. wouldn't be the first time. if you use an audio tuner, you could also try hooking the evo to the tuners hdmi in instead of hooking up directly to the tv

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My tv had a digital audio output, but for some stupid reason it only uses it on over the air signals. So since I have a surround receiver, the tv won't output audio to it unless it is an over the air signal (sharp aquos). So I have to run RCA cables from the regular audio outputs on the tv to RCA inputs on the surround receiver. That way if I connect an HDMI device to my tv I can get audio to my receiver and hear it (not surround though).

Connecting the HDMI directly to my surround receiver works like you would expect. Too bad I don't have anymore available HDMI ports on my surround receiver...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek