Slow microSDHC read speeds. 1.4 MB/s at best.

doctorx

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I was backing up my microSDHC contents today and I quickly noticed how slow it was transferring from the microSDHC on the EVO 4G connected as a Disk Drive to my computer. I was having speeds of ~1.2 MB/s to ~1.5 MB/s which are ridiculously slow, even for the slowest SDHC card. One weird thing is that when I write to the microSDHC card it performs twice as fast, almost ~3 MB/s, which are the correct speeds for this card. But I don't understand how READING FROM is slower than WRITING TO. It is an issue with the phone and not the microSDHC cuz I used an microSDHC to SD converter and attached to my laptop and it reads from the microSDHC at over 7.2 MB/s. Did HTC ****ed it up with this as well? Wasn't capping the FPS at 30 enough?

Opinions/Fixes please.

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiousity, what class microSD card do you have? Also try using a different micro-USB cable or USB port if you can..

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I get slow reads as well from the EVO.. I upgraded to a Class 6 card and it improved but the write speed was still better than the read.. with a class 6 16gb card I was getting like 7mb write but only 5mb read.. the EVO does seem slow reading..

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The Class number generally means how fast the card can read and write in MB's. So if your using a class 2 card than 1.7 would be a little slow but in the range.

doctorx

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't really matter which class is. The 8 GB microSDHC is the one that came with the Evo 4G. I took it out of the phone and I attached it directly to my computer using an adapter, and the read speeds were about 7 MB/s, which is way more than what the phone reads with the microSDHC card installed. Write speeds were about the same in the phone and directly connected to the computer (about 2.5 MB/s).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC