Black theme like the Epic

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the Epic app screens and such are mostly black with white lettering. On our Evo is mostly white with black lettering. Is there anyway to make Sense or Froyo in Evo look like the Epic. This would be easier on the eyes for me at night when I'm out at a bar or night club. Is there anyway to accomplish this?

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand is that the black does not require power in essence is supposed to save some battery.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I read that the display on the epic does not use any power to display blacks or whites.
No power for blacks, but 3X the power for whites. AMOLED achieves true blacks by turning off pixels, but whites require them to be full on.

If the SAMOLED screen devices primarily displayed black text on white background, they would end up with lower battery life than LCD screen devices. It doesn't matter for LCD screen devices since the backlight is on regardless of the colors on screen (which is also why they can't achieve true blacks).

If you have a SAMOLED device and spend a lot of time on websites, ereaders, or messaging apps with white backgrounds, your battery will drain very quickly.

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
I'm confused where do you see an abundance of white on the EVO? Is there someplace specifically? I can work on a theme to suite your "needs" but I am unclear on specifically where you would prefer more darker colors.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused where do you see an abundance of white on the EVO? Is there someplace specifically? I can work on a theme to suite your "needs" but I am unclear on specifically where you would prefer more darker colors.

Hello. That would be great if u can. For example in email, sms, gmail, calendar, phone, call history, contacts, and notification drop down. They're all mainly white. Its the complete opposite on the epic.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC